any landscapers?

99ta

Guest LSWON333
$12 a yard is damn cheap. My cost on the cheapest topsoil is about 18 to 20 bucks per yard, but thats the crap with huge clumps of poo and clay in it and you wont be able to grade it out easily. Jones and Kurtz bros. have the best delivered prices. Actually jones is probably a little better. 5 yards of pulverized topsoil from jones would be around 200 delivered.Obviously the more you get the less it is but to do what you are talking about 5 yards sounds like enough.

Guest LSWON333
Actually it sounds like you need more like 10 yards, That will take up most of a normal sized driveway and you would be looking at 300 to 400 beaners.

well....I can till it and level it for free. I guess I can check into getting soil brought in.....but I garuntee I am going to need more than a truck load. Personnally I don't care all that much how the grass looks, right now I just want it to be level. Its dagerous for my kid to play back there. So you think if I till it the weeds won't be controlable? Thanks guys.

Eric

Yes, It will take you years to get a nearly weed free yard if you till it.

I will check on topsoil prices. My father in law hauls it and sells it to me for a good price.

• 4 weeks later...
if you going to do anything you need to do it now. it seems that some of the responses are very intelligent as of now. i will tell you i reseed my horse fields right now every year. this is the time to do it. if you want to relevel your yard you dont need to till it. thats a waste of time. get the bobcat out and start moving earth. trust me im in the process of starting the same sort of thing. Look for "aparently it rained last night" in the pics and vids

well .....yeah, it has a full yard of grass. I am just trying to decide what I want to do with it, so I need to know how much seed I would have to buy for the whole yard. Just need an idea of cost to help me make a decision.

Eric