ricart = idiots

evan9381

so i went up to the used car lot tonight to check out an 06 sonata...saw it online, called, they said it was there, so i went. i get there, guy looks it up, tells me its gone...ok, already not super happy. tell the guy im looking for something with 4 doors, auto/man dont care, low miles, etc...he shows me a 04 sentra spec-v ser. (yello w/ tinted windows if you go up there) with like 21k miles. i decide to try it out, see if i like it...

so after about 30 minutes of waiting for this guy to find the guy w/ the gas card, then going to fill it up, he comes back. we go for a short spin (williams to alum creek and back down williams) and pull into the lot...as soon as i stop the car and get out, theres smoke coming from under the hood

i said something about it, and the sales guy has the nerve to say "thats what happens when you go tearing down the street like that"...now mind you, i was not "tearing down the street" in any way/shape/form. so he pops the hood, and theres smoke coming from everywhere...its dark, so i look, see smoke on the exhaust manifold cover...look a little closer, see it on the engine cover...look closer, and i see THERE IS NO OIL CAP ON THE ENGINE

so i told him there wasnt a cap on the engine, and he goes blaming service, etc etc. as he is going to walk in, my g/f noticed the cap was up infront of the bay, pretty much on top of the headlight...he goes in, his boss says "well what would you like to do". i asked him if he would buy a car that that just happened to, his response was "well that will get fixed"....hahah. no shit.

in the end, he tried to get me to eat 3k on my current car as a trade in, and then sell me the spec-v for 12,800 (which he said they could "work on" that number, but says he dropped it to 12,800 because my uncle is the imports manager)

i told him i wasnt interested, walked out, and laughed at the sentra still sitting there smoking

haha...nice...that place is awful, a bunch of idiots trying to sell you a bunch of crap for prices that are insane. only reason i'd ever go there is to test drive something with no intention of buying from them.

I'd actually buy from the salesman we dealt with on Hamiltor Ricart Chevy last weekend. Drove a Trailblazer SS (wasn't loaded like my g/f is considering, but wanted to at least drive one).

Let us take it out without him in it (to which I drove the piss out of it, of course). No sales pressue when we got back to the dealership. Nothing like I've ever dealt with at Ricart.

I'll occassionally go there to "tear ass" in something V8 & RWD to scare the piss outta the sales people. They're all morons.

You know, that sounds fun. I might start doing that just to screw with them.

I hate that place. If it got hit by a meteor, I would have a party, as would many people, I'm sure.

Yeah I went to dave gill yesterday to test drive a 06 GTO went to 5th and ran it up to 100 full throttle with the sales man in the car hanging on for dear life it was great!

I would have loved to buy that car even talked the guy down to 21k I said I'll keep in touch cool guy no pressure at all.