E-85 Fueling stations ?s.

Stampede

Kroger in Pickerington sells E-85. Why would you want to use it? Sure it's alittle cheaper but you actually get worse gas mileage w/ it so your using more gas?

Not to mention the damage it could do to your car if your car isn't setup to use it.

You have to make a choice to either run e85 or regular unleaded. If you make the choice to run the e85 the vehicle needs to be reprogramed to run on it. not that it wont but like stated above you use more fuel. The running parameters of the vehicle are different. ie timing fuel pressure and so on.

If your vehicle is setup to run on regular do not put e85 in it, it will ruin your fuel system and can cause other damage to the vehicle. Bill Dozer can chime in on damages caused by running e-85.

You have to make a choice to either run e85 or regular unleaded. If you make the choice to run the e85 the vehicle needs to be reprogramed to run on it. not that it wont but like stated above you use more fuel. The running parameters of the vehicle are different. ie timing fuel pressure and so on.

If your vehicle is setup to run on regular do not put e85 in it, it will ruin your fuel system and can cause other damage to the vehicle. Bill Dozer can chime in on damages caused by running e-85.

There is a kit out there somewhere that allows you to run either on the flip of a switch.

Kroger in Pickerington sells E-85. Why would you want to use it? Sure it's alittle cheaper but you actually get worse gas mileage w/ it so your using more gas?

Because you can make an assload of power with it if you know what you're doing.

Guest 78novaman

Info on E85: http://www.e85fuel.com/e85101/questions.php

E85 is 85% ethanol and is 105 octane. Your car can be setup for E85 but it is a pain as it will eat most light metals and plastic/rubber. You's have to replace your gas tank (if it's composite), fuel pump, fuel lines to stainless, larger compatable injectors, and of course the tune. I'm sure there is more to it that I'm missing. I want to re-jet the carb and run E85 in my Nova for fun to see how it runs.

Guest kissmyaspen
I have had experience with E85 we worked on a 406 ford for about 15 hours on the engine dyno. we built it for the RPM show at Indy. it made like 380hp and 360 tq. was fun trying to figure out what jets to use. we used a gas carb and drilled out the jets some. then we messed with the air bleeds on it to help get better a/f ratio. but it also smells like stale beer.

Because you can make an assload of power with it if you know what you're doing.

Ok but 99% of the people that would consider using it don't give a shit about an "assload of power". You can say the same thing about cam 2 that only applies to a very very small % of cars out there.

It was put on the market as a cleaner alternative to regular gas, not w/ the idea of making a Civic faster.

Ok but 99% of the people that would consider using it don't give a shit about an "assload of power". You can say the same thing about cam 2 that only applies to a very very small % of cars out there.

It was put on the market as a cleaner alternative to regular gas, not w/ the idea of making a Civic faster.

I don't care what it was put on the market for. The reality is that a widely distributed, cheap fuel could exist that gives us the ability to make a car much faster than on pump gas. That is why I posted my comment.

Guest GMoney
+1 It is a cheap race gas alternate. You must run 30% to 50% more fuel to get the same results as normal gas. I don't think it is very cost effective to run E-85 in normal daily driver the cost compared to the horrible mpg is pretty much a scratch. The plus for daily drivers though is that it is renewable. The plus for performance guys is that is 105 octane and cheap. Running 30% more or even 50% fuel to acheve race gas power numbers at 25% the cost compared to race gas is unbelieveable.

+1 It is a cheap race gas alternate. You must run 30% to 50% more fuel to get the same results as normal gas. I don't think it is very cost effective to run E-85 in normal daily driver the cost compared to the horrible mpg is pretty much a scratch. The plus for daily drivers though is that it is renewable. The plus for performance guys is that is 105 octane and cheap. Running 30% more or even 50% fuel to acheve race gas power numbers at 25% the cost compared to race gas is unbelieveable.

There's more to the fuel than the octane rating. The cooling properties of the fuel allow you to make big numbers as well as the ability to run more ignition advance. There are 4G63s making over 600whp on E85. You can't do that on "normal" 105 octane fuel.

Forget about more power and cleaner burning. You're basically putting corn in your gas tank which means you're lining some farmer's pockets here in the USA and not helping Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan (ruler of abu dhabi) build houses like this

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/gasprices.html

Anyone who says ethanol is a bad idea needs to be bludgeoned.

The Kroger gas station on Holt. Rd. was the one that HAD it for $.85. It was a promotional thing they put on with 93.3 when they first started selling it. As far as running it in various cars they have pamphlets that tell you what cars are set up to run it. Most newer cars do NOT need a special tune to run it. If your car can use it there is a sensor in the tank that tells the computer how much ethanol is in the tank and it tunes itself accordingly. If you try to run it in any other car it can (and most likely) will cause all metal components to corrode. However, if your car is set up to run alternative fuels it can be very beneficial. Bill Dozer put some in his LX when it was $.85 because it was so cheap (he even used my Kroger card and got $.03 off per gallon). He never turned his cooling fan on on the way home and got home to find frost on his intake. 105 octane and running cool enough to frost up your intake? Sounds like some good power possibilities to me.