Business Owners

04r1

I know there are multiple members on this board that own their own business. Im interested in knowing who is LLC, LTD, Sole Proprietorship, INC, etc and why you chose that type of business. Also, the type of business you run would help too.

Thanks in advance :burn:

agricultural business. Schmelmer Services, LLC. (it is a sole proprietorship). Though next year I am going S-corp...went LLC cuz thats what my accountant told me to do. lol. Im going S-corp cuz i can put myself on payroll, and there are several other beneficial reasons

agricultural business. Schmelmer Services, LLC. (it is a sole proprietorship). Though next year I am going S-corp...went LLC cuz thats what my accountant told me to do. lol. Im going S-corp cuz i can put myself on payroll, and there are several other beneficial reasons

You can put yourself on payroll as an LLC. I'm an LLC. This is the way to be. Keeps you protected from faults and accidents. Just have to keep your business assets and personal assets well distinguished. My brother is an attorney so it makes the paper work pretty easy.