V8 m3

thorne

looks great but awful engine choice.

add more weight to a sports car *thumbs down*

they should have done a tuned version of the 3.0L Twin Turbo.

V8 > I6

The 3.0/3.2L I6 engines are similar in weight to the LSx engines from GM. Cast bottoms are great for boost, but you pay a tax in weight.

V8 > I6

The 3.0/3.2L I6 engines are similar in weight to the LSx engines from GM. Cast bottoms are great for boost, but you pay a tax in weight.

Agreed but overall the new E90 and E92 platform has gained approx. 150 lbs over the E46 generation cars.

It'll still look superior in a straight line but will suffer at the track at nearly 3600 lbs with any options.

Make it 3000 lbs with that 415hp V8 and I'll drive down to the dealership today to make my deposit.

Andy

Agreed but overall the new E90 and E92 platform has gained approx. 150 lbs over the E46 generation cars.

It'll still look superior in a straight line but will suffer at the track at nearly 3600 lbs with any options.

Make it 3000 lbs with that 415hp V8 and I'll drive down to the dealership today to make my deposit.

Andy

I'll stick with the E36 platform :cool: . If they could produce a sub-compact style M3 like they did with the E30...that would be pimp.