What can a 4.6 handle? And what's needed for 500+whp?

Bam

What's the most power you'd put through a 4.6L from a 99 GT? Can it handle 500whp and what blower setup would get it there? I'm trying to get some more info on this cars ability so anything helps.

What are the weakspots? What are the first recommended upgrades and the best bang for buck?

How about the tranny, when's it shit a brick?

thanks guys

damn, ford sucks, can't ls1's handle like 600stock, but both the 5.0l and 4.6's can't hold a candle to that.

Hmm, paxton, thanks man I'll look into them, but really, if you did it all over again would you still blow it? Or would turbo or spray it with bolt ons?

I mean if the stock block can only handle 400ish, bolt ons and spray would definitely get you there, right? So unless you're set out to drop a few G's on building an engine, boost might overkill.

My Marauder has a 4.6 DOHC.

10 PSI of boost is about all the motor can handle stock. This is the same motor as the Mach 1.

It is BASICALLY the same as the Last Non-Boosted Cobra.

The weak point is the non-forgded internals. Although...some folks have installed fordged short blocks and are are pushing just over 500RWHP. There is one guy who has about 515-ish on a COMPLETELY STOCK motor!!!!! He claims that it is all in the tuning ;)

For me, I prefer Vortech :thumbup:

KillJoy

:( Im sad now. I would turbo it if i could do it all over.It would be a 2v

Don't worry, all the good parts around in a '65 Cobra kit car, it'll be brought back to life with a vengence!