2000 Integra Type R

99FLHRCI

I have a bone stock 2000 Integra Type R. This is my first import and I have no idea what route to go with it. Everyone has a different suggestion. Should I keep it NA, go turbo, or go with a supercharger? I like the idea of NA but have serious doubts of the power potential. I would like to be able to hit about 10,000rpms (I can hit 9 now and supposedly JDM B18C can hit 10 stock). I have seriously started to consider the Vortech Air-Liquid Intercooled supercharger kit. It fits nicely under a stock hood and has no externally visible intercooler. My biggest concern is the 10:1 compression. What kinda boost am I looking at? 5-7? Ideas? Concerns? Recommendations? I would really like to sit down and talk to someone with some experience especially with B18C5 experience. Thanks in advance.

TJ

why do you want to be able to go to 10k rpms? its not gonna matter how high your engine will rev if you're not making power past a certain point

i think the guy from slowmotion (josh maybe??) whos got the boosted teg only goes to 9500, because anything after that hes not making any more power

as for boost, it depends on how much power you're looking to get

A B18C5 isn't meant to be boosted. Leave the car stock, put it in your garage. Leave it sit for about 15 years, then sell it for 5 times more than what you bought it for. The Type R's will be worth some money later in life.

A B18C5 isn't meant to be boosted. Leave the car stock, put it in your garage. Leave it sit for about 15 years, then sell it for 5 times more than what you bought it for. The Type R's will be worth some money later in life.

absolutly agree. Type R's are somewhat collectable now aren't they? In that case why tarnish this model by modding it? just sell it to someone who would appreciate it and buy something modd-able like a fox body or an si if your set on boosting an import.

absolutly agree. Type R's are somewhat collectable now aren't they? In that case why tarnish this model by modding it? just sell it to someone who would appreciate it and buy something modd-able like a fox body or an si if your set on boosting an import.

True story. If you want to boost somehting that says Honda on it, do it to a B16... The after market is nearly UNLIMITED, and there are not dozens or hundreds of high powered B16s, but THOUSANDS... theres no reason to ruin a collectable, plenty of people have already done that so its nothing special.

I have a bone stock 2000 Integra Type R. This is my first import and I have no idea what route to go with it. Everyone has a different suggestion. Should I keep it NA, go turbo, or go with a supercharger? I like the idea of NA but have serious doubts of the power potential. I would like to be able to hit about 10,000rpms (I can hit 9 now and supposedly JDM B18C can hit 10 stock). I have seriously started to consider the Vortech Air-Liquid Intercooled supercharger kit. It fits nicely under a stock hood and has no externally visible intercooler. My biggest concern is the 10:1 compression. What kinda boost am I looking at? 5-7? Ideas? Concerns? Recommendations? I would really like to sit down and talk to someone with some experience especially with B18C5 experience. Thanks in advance.

TJ

I wouldn't turbo it but that is just me. Turbo is meant for cars with RWD or AWD but thats just my fancy. :) Go talk to Joshua. He can help you decide what to do.

Guest HI_PSI
let the old men save cars to make money, build the thing up and actually enjoy it. cars are meant to be driven especially the Type R, you dont get to express the Race part of the name much in a garage collecting dust.