BULLRUN on Spike TV

Mojoe

Did anyone watch the season premier last night? I'm kind of surprise I haven't seen any post today about it.

If you don't know; it's 12 teams that are doing a Cannon Ball Run style race across 9 states. It's a reality show with a first place of $200,000. There is a good verity of car's ranging from a Lambo to a 50's low rider. It really is a pretty good mix of cars for the show.

Just wondering what people thought of it, if they did catch it?

Is this like a bunch of actors with cars? AKA they found the most interesting off the wall d-bags who had cars to be on the show?

If it is, I won't waste my time.

They are not actors. I submitted my info and they called me the next day. My teammate and I were in Iraq and they liked our story enough for us to make it to the final 50. Over 400 teams applied. And only 12 were picked. My car was on the edge of being tuned, but I was not able to get them any footage of the cat at wide open throttle.

The challenges seem pretty good so far. It does look like people are fucking up their cars a bit though.

It's on every Tuesday night at 10pm.

The last thing the public needs to see is this show. All the car people know about the Cannonball run and the Players run. Not the common person, but now that EVERYBODY knows about it. It is likely that somebody will bitch about it to the gov't and there will not be any more of these cruises. There is no reward for the real players run, because it would terminate the event. Prizes make the cruises illegal. Just my .02 and i will not be supporting this show at all.....reality my ass.

sean

They are not actors. I submitted my info and they called me the next day. My teammate and I were in Iraq and they liked our story enough for us to make it to the final 50. Over 400 teams applied. And only 12 were picked. My car was on the edge of being tuned, but I was not able to get them any footage of the cat at wide open throttle.

The challenges seem pretty good so far. It does look like people are fucking up their cars a bit though.

Interesting. That is all I was wondering. It would have been sweet to see you on there!

The last thing the public needs to see is this show. All the car people know about the Cannonball run and the Players run. Not the common person, but now that EVERYBODY knows about it. It is likely that somebody will bitch about it to the gov't and there will not be any more of these cruises. There is no reward for the real players run, because it would terminate the event. Prizes make the cruises illegal. Just my .02 and i will not be supporting this show at all.....reality my ass.

sean

Tons of people know about the Cannonball run. Plus, it is not really a "cruise". The cannonball run is already pretty much illegal. Speeding on roads isn't illegal if you don't get caught. People do what they do every day on their way to work. They just don't film it.

Plus, you not liking the show is not going to do anything. So, you might as well enjoy it for the entertainment that it is.

The Magical Dorito?

Yes the Dorito. The legs last night were only 5xx miles one day and 3xx mile the next. That's not too bad. I know that can be done with little issue.

Thanks Kevin R. It would have been a ton of fun. My buddy Mike and Jesse from here, just did a 2300 mile road trip in 6 days with hitting 3 ski areas. We had a great time. They are running 4500 miles total for the show. I think it would have been a fun 2 weeks.

Crossle, how is it not a reality show? It has all the same characteristics of every other reality show. Perhaps you don't know anything about the structure of the show and simply don't like the idea of the show. That's fine. It's not for everyone. Not everyone likes reality.

I don't watch a lot of TV. And I have never followed a show. But, I think this one may show some strategy that we can keep in mind for next year. If things can get finished this summer, my teammate and I will be rocking the luxury sleeper and try to get on the show again.

They decided they wanted cars that didn't try to break the speed of sound on corners, and liked all four wheels on the ground. :-)

So they went with more normal cars and drivers lol

I just dont understand how the f150 made the final cut. I could think of 5 other cars that would be better suited for this type of race. and i agree, the lambo guys are complete choads. But it's an interesting show and i'll watch/tivo it.

I tried to think of the best possible car to use for this sort of competition. Only one I can think of is an EVO.

I think I should go on there and dress up as Captain Chaos! da-da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..

I would have done that in a second. That's funny as hell.

All the stuff I had to send in was based on personal interview and car junky info and documentation. They wanted interesting people who had done most of the work on their cars. Seeing the F150 go trough the block wall in the preview for next week is a challange I would not want to be in with the RX 7.

I just dont understand how the f150 made the final cut. I could think of 5 other cars that would be better suited for this type of race. and i agree, the lambo guys are complete choads. But it's an interesting show and i'll watch/tivo it.

I tried to think of the best possible car to use for this sort of competition. Only one I can think of is an EVO.

Because they wanted to get a pair of big, horny, dumbass Texans on the show to make fun of everyone from Texas, just like they got those two crazy-ass black guys in the Civic, and the fucking psychotic bitches in the Scion. Does anyone actually think the Civic or the Scion had a chance? No. Were they in last and 2nd-to-last? Yes.

I have one complaint. Those 3 guys/brothers or whatever are not frickin Cuban and if anything would make you think there were actors on there, it would be those three. Real people, maybe. Real Cubans who really behave that way, no way. Seems almost "Borat-ish" to me. I did enjoy the pilot and will watch it again, though. I only just watched the pilot this morning.

Tons of people know about the Cannonball run. Plus, it is not really a "cruise". The cannonball run is already pretty much illegal. Speeding on roads isn't illegal if you don't get caught. People do what they do every day on their way to work. They just don't film it.

Plus, you not liking the show is not going to do anything. So, you might as well enjoy it for the entertainment that it is.

I did not say one word about me not watching it would change somthing.....and again not many of the "common people" know what it is. Like my mother. But whatever. **rolls eyes**

sean