Drag radial question

lawnman

Guest powers
Nitto makes the 555r drag radial and the 555rII road radial. The rII's are make for road race with a full strength side wall and a soft tread compound for added traction.

Nitto makes the 555r drag radial and the 555rII road radial. The rII's are make for road race with a full strength side wall and a soft tread compound for added traction.

As with all "purpose built" tires, when you try and use them for something else there is some compromise. Drag radials will outperform a stiffer autocross/road race DOT tire at the strip - because they're designed to. But, a sticky DOT autocross tire will get hot and sticky and outperform a "regular" street tire. This would be a good compromise on a dual use tire. As mentioned before, th drag radial just isn't really safe for autocross. That said, I have had good luck with the Kumho V700 (and now 710) on big cars (Camaro/Mustang)-they seem to have good grip and last longere than some others I've tried.

But how much does a Jetta weigh? I will be putting mine on a 3400 lb :eek: car

Hey Jeff, the mk4 jettas, (99-04) bodystyle weighs about between 3000-3300lbs depending on which model/options you get. Obviously the v6, auto, leather, power/heated everything is HEAVY, so it wouldn't be that far off your ws6.

BTW, haven't gotten the body off, my dad decided to take a 10day vacation to colorado last sunday, lol, and isn't back.

I'm down for some autox this summer in the miata, once I fix a few things! I've heard its a blast but never tried it.