I give up!!!!

V8 Beast

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its acting the same way the last tranny did so I'm wondering if maybe the stalls not grabbing.

I've already put too much money into this car. I'm going to sleep on it, but this thing may be up for sale tomorrow.... I wanted a Z06 anyway.

Check your tune. When mine was converted from HPT to EFIL, it "lost" the shift pressure tables which caused my tranny to slip at certain times. After a rebuild, it did it again and figured it out by looking at the new file in LS1 Edit and filling in the missing tables.

Keep your OD, especially with the computer control and the fact that 4L60(5)Es can be built for 8s. If you need more, 4L80E and still keep everything PCM controlled.

Plus, converting to a Turbo-Hydramatic is a PITA, then there's the shifter fun.

One of the guys I tuned has that tranny and it works great for him, shifts when ever you tell it. He puts down around 550-575 Hp at the wheels (With N20) and does mid to low 10's in the 1/4.

Maybe just bad luck for you, did it come with any kind of warranty?

I have decided not to drive the car off of a cliff. I'm going to call the tranny shop that built it and cuss them out. Then I'm going to see how much it is to fix it. I may end up shipping my old tranny to Rossler... we'll see.

One of the guys I tuned has that tranny and it works great for him, shifts when ever you tell it. He puts down around 550-575 Hp at the wheels (With N20) and does mid to low 10's in the 1/4.

Maybe just bad luck for you, did it come with any kind of warranty?

For some reason I thought you said in one of you posts that you had a Rossler, that was why I posted the above.