Warning: MR. Tint is a joke!

LPFSTheFett

First let me say that my business partner and myself have had a ton cars tinted by www.mrtint.com in the past and overall the quality was fairly decent. The car's he did for us were an 05 Vett, 05 Escalade, 2 06 Hummers and a 05 GMC truck.

Back in 05 I took my 05 Corvette to him to have the windows tinted. He did good on the sides but absolutely horrible on the back glass. You could see air bubbles in a few places, creases, etc and the Dot Matrix was horrible (pretty standard w/ almost all tint places. I asked him about the back window, and he didn't want to redo it. Said he already wasted 1 piece of film on it, becuase they didn't get it right. Needless to say Ripped off once.

Late last year I took my wifes Brand New H2 in to have the side windows done. Let me start by saying, after all the previous installs Mr. Tint has performed for me he took me out to the car looked over it with me and then brought me back into the shop to pay. When I pick up the Hummer, he doesn't do this. I figure it's because I've been there so much, he knows I already know the drill. Well I get in the car, pull onto 104 and BAM, I see a Silver Dollar size rock chip in the windshield.

I call Mr. Tint on my Cell Phone to ask him what is wrong with my windshield. He immediately gets defensive saying there wasn't anything wrong with the windshield while he had it. I'm like dude, I just pulled off your lot. He asks me to describe it to him and I did. I told him it looked like someone threw a rock at the windshield because of the size of the chip. He starts saying "What are you saying, I threw a rock at your truck" I'm like no, I'm saying I droped the truck off this morning and it was perfect. I pick it up and there is a hole in my windshield. I'm telling him the car has 300 miles on it and is brand new. Long story short, he didn't want to take any responsibilty for the windshield. Said I could come back tomorrow and show it to him. But I could tell by the way he was acting, he wasn't going to fix it. It just really made me mad, all he had to do is claim it on his insruance and fix it, or give me $100 to have it fixed through my insurance.

It was absolutely crazy how defensive he was about it. I personally think he drove it to lunch or something, or some punk kid did it while it was on his lot. Regardless, I droped the truck off to him in perfect condition and expected the truck back in perfect condition.

Do not do business with Mr. Tint, he will rip you off. He couldn't even manage to get my business partners windows in his Hummer hooked back up correctly when he did it. (this was prior to my H2 problem) I will never do business with Mr. Tint again and wanted to post this so I can prevent as many other people from dealing with him.

Jason

I have used Quality for 10+ years and have paid for 5 cars myself to be tinted from there, and never had a single issue or bubble. 2 WRXs, A civic Si, a 87 Fiero, and a 88 Fiero GT. I have seen at least 8 friends cars tinted at Quality also with not a single problem, one friend had the same tint on for 7 years. LUmina, a 300, 2 Z24s, Mazda 6s, Honda Civic, Grand AM, and a Suburban.

But however I think I MR. tint was employed at Quality a while ago. Not sure. So maybe Quality just never lets a car leave with problems.....

Although I've seen plenty of positive feedback from people, I've also seen the "bubble" effect due to the dot matrix on the rear glass of the F-Bodies. The place in Jax that did my first Camaro did everythng but this part for that very reason.

yeah the dot matrix is almost impossible and I really had no complaint about that. My complaint on the Vett was being able to see the seam all the way across the back glass, and the spot where the tint was folded and had air and a ton of bubbles around it. He really did a poor job. I'll have to take the Viper to Quality. I want to get 35% on the sides and 20 on the back.

My buddy had his Civic done at a place up by Easton and they did a hell of a good job for a hell of a good price. After calling around they gave him the best deal. He asked for 35% because that is what I had and asked the guy how it would look because he wanted it fairly dark. Well, he went to the mall for a bit, came back, and he didn't feel it was dark enough and the guy kind of agreed. So, he RE-DID the whole thing to 20% for like an extra $10. Hell of a person to do all that over just because someone changes their mind.

I can't put my finger on the name right now. I will post it next time I talk to him unless someone on here knows.