Looking at a Z28...

31rx7

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe might not want anything to do with me, I have driven a 4 cylinder car, and it was an import.

That and Ant is well...... Ant.

http://www.californiapoles.com/images/IMG_2381.jpg

Yes, but by omission, Joe has given over 98% gay winks before.

He may look past your previous boosted 4 fling.

;)

Look, you are the one getting all pussy hurt.

You state: "the previously mentioned OPTI is a PITA because the front of the motor needs to come apart to change it. " I simply said that statement is NOT TRUE. Fans can stay (so of course the radiator does too). Now you are saying it's expensive too; I paid $190 for a brand new GM Vented Opti. Not bad for a distributor, cap, and rotor. Oh, and I bought that from a GM dealer, and not with some "I know person xxx hookup."

Then you state "Dont waste your time on a LT1." But it's not a waste of time at all, and a lot of the parts ARE cheaper. Pistons, crank, rods, pretty much the whole shortblock are all GEN-I stuff = far cheaper than LS1 stuff. Pully setups for superchargers are better (and less costly).

Do LS1's have more potential? Yes; they aren't stuck with a single block (and aren't stuck with Iron only), far better stock, ported stock, and aftermarket heads, better stock ignition setup, better PCM support, and sort of better intake support.

But you are acting like building a LT1 is a waste, when it has been proven time and again it isn't. Fastest stock suspended LT1 is only about a tenth behind its LS1 counterpart. Fastest 6-speed F-body is an LT1. The LS1 has the bigger aftermarket and support now, but the LT1 is by no means dead in the water.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably build an LS1. But there is NOTHING wrong with building an LT1, and it is always fun to whoop up on the big headed LS1 owners. :)

Actually I wasent getting hurt in anyway, just proving my point.... but your last post I do agree with.

My point was to simply state that if you have a choice between platforms as a fresh start, the LS1 is the better choice because it is becoming the dominant motor. It took the small block 50 years to get where it did with the LT1, and at its climax, the general introduced a new breed, now just imagine where this beast may be in 50 years :eek:

:

Trust me I have nothing wrong with people building LT1's... dont know if I said in my last post but I am helping a friend put together a 383 F1 Procharged LT1. He had the car, its paid off and at that point it is cheaper for him and will be a bad ass car when we are done. Its actually a 94 Formula :)

Good to see we were on the same page... there isnt enough of us Fbody guys to be arguing amongst eachother... need to leave that for them pesky import and Ford guys.... I would mention Dodge but they just totally suck!!! lol j/k dont every damn Dodge guy jump on my shit now!!

• 2 weeks later...
Just bought a 1994 Z28, White, 93k miles, excellent interior, 3 adult owners, all records, everything else very good to excellent, needs nothing. $4800.

We are happy.

Im totally jealous. last spring I bought my 93 z28 with paint that looks like its been washed with concrete, a blown head gasket, and an f ed up optispark.

the 94 has an MAFS as opposed to the speed density set up in my 93, and I believe the 94s came with stiffer springs. course I only paid 2500. :) physical rehab is underway and it should be runnin by summer.

By the way Rich... how much are u selling the 85 Rx7 for?

See http://www.cardomain.com/id/31rx7 for pics and details. The car is as described except with no Weber / intake on it. I will be re-installing the stock carb / intake shortly, and reconnecting the oil injection so you don't have to pre-mix. It will be $2600 when I put it back together. Buy as is with the parts for $2300.

Just bought a 1994 Z28, White, 93k miles, excellent interior, 3 adult owners, all records, everything else very good to excellent, needs nothing. $4800.

We are happy.

Congrats. Now get it to the dragstrip. :burn: