Looking at a Z28...

31rx7

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be totally off but a set of QA1s with springs are priced around teh $420s if i am correct. which can be adjusted from drag to road/autox with a spanner wrench. with that said the LS1 being the lighter of the 2 would be superior for handling :cool:

LS1 FTW

That may work but most people that are into a motorsport setup their cars primarily for that sport. Then again some people want to do it all but there are very few.

I just found it funny, like Rich, just the way the people are on here. Though everyone's intentions were good and intending to help, as usual it got carried away!! Also I know Rich slightly and knew right away his intentions for the car were definitely not for drag....though most people couldn't know that. Either way some good info was provided.

OMG LS1 GOES FASTAR IN QUARTARZ!!!! LAWLZ!!!

Seriously, people who base their car buying on 1/4 times need to be backhanded.

omGzzz!!zz!!!1 my car could be lucky to hit 16s....

majority of people here are drag racers. period.

people who base buying their cars on driving in formation of cones should be backhanded.

:o:D there are some cars out threre Anthony's formula for example that could go run low 11s high 10s all day long and still handle like its on rails for the drive home on some country roads and interstate on/off ramps. My car will be headed in that directions soon :)

people who base buying their cars on driving in formation of cones should be backhanded.

:o:D there are some cars out threre Anthony's formula for example that could go run low 11s high 10s all day long and still handle like its on rails for the drive home on some country roads and interstate on/off ramps. My car will be headed in that directions soon :)

I didnt say anything about the drag racers on here. I am saying that if you buy a car for its straight line speed, you are straight up retarded. There is nothing wrong with drag racing, but 1/4 times hardly makes a street car.

Also, I have never autocrossed in my life, and wont for another 2 weeks.

Third, my car runs 16.5, and I am damn proud of it, because I know I can out maneuver most of the cars on here. If I had enough money, which I dont like the drag racers do, I could have a 3SGTE and blow everything on here away by building a MK1.5 MR2.

I am sure Anthony's car is great at maneuverability. However, his car is hardly stock. We are talking about STOCK automobiles.

I am sacrificing a few tenths to have a car that handles. I drive my car all over and I would rather be 3 tenths slower and not have to worry about the front end coming up when hitting a bump while hauling ass down a ramp or backroad.

I didnt say anything about the drag racers on here. I am saying that if you buy a car for its straight line speed, you are straight up retarded. There is nothing wrong with drag racing, but 1/4 times hardly makes a street car.

Third, my car runs 16.5, and I am damn proud of it, because I know I can out maneuver most of the cars on here. If I had enough money, which I dont like the drag racers do, I could have a 3SGTE and blow everything on here away by building a MK1.5 MR2.

I am sure Anthony's car is great at maneuverability. However, his car is hardly stock. We are talking about STOCK automobiles.

So.... let me get this straight.. you say people are retarded for buying a car for its straight line speed? WTF ARE YOU RETARDED?? People can buy a car for whatever they fucking damn well please and who the fuck are you to say they are retarded for it. I bought my car for straight line speed, guess that means I am retard huh...get the fuck outta here newb before I backhand your stupid ass.

And before you try to get cute, my car is a street car that can go around a corner just fine for a Buick, hell after I get some things squared away with it I just might try to autocross it this summer since the straight line tracks here suck ass.

Something I know nothing about? Are you serious? :rolleyes: Did you read my whole post?I have worked on more than twice the amount of LT1 cars then there are replies to this thread.

I have put together MANY engine packages for customers and have put together many fully dressed LT1 and LS1's and at the end of the day you are going to get the better bang for your buck with the LS1.

And yes you have to take off a couple of the main parts of the front of the motor to get to it, which sucks to have to do with fans, radiator etc.. in the way, it is just a shitty deal anyway ya slice it, and it is not cheap.

The LT1 vs LS1 thing has been discussed to death and it is obvious which is superior because of what the general stuck with and the crazy N/A factory numbers the LS based engine are doing from the factory.

Really, you are picking that battle with the wrong person my friend, you act as if I personally attacked you and you tried to insult me......grow up!

Look, you are the one getting all pussy hurt.

You state: "the previously mentioned OPTI is a PITA because the front of the motor needs to come apart to change it. " I simply said that statement is NOT TRUE. Fans can stay (so of course the radiator does too). Now you are saying it's expensive too; I paid $190 for a brand new GM Vented Opti. Not bad for a distributor, cap, and rotor. Oh, and I bought that from a GM dealer, and not with some "I know person xxx hookup."

Then you state "Dont waste your time on a LT1." But it's not a waste of time at all, and a lot of the parts ARE cheaper. Pistons, crank, rods, pretty much the whole shortblock are all GEN-I stuff = far cheaper than LS1 stuff. Pully setups for superchargers are better (and less costly).

Do LS1's have more potential? Yes; they aren't stuck with a single block (and aren't stuck with Iron only), far better stock, ported stock, and aftermarket heads, better stock ignition setup, better PCM support, and sort of better intake support.

But you are acting like building a LT1 is a waste, when it has been proven time and again it isn't. Fastest stock suspended LT1 is only about a tenth behind its LS1 counterpart. Fastest 6-speed F-body is an LT1. The LS1 has the bigger aftermarket and support now, but the LT1 is by no means dead in the water.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably build an LS1. But there is NOTHING wrong with building an LT1, and it is always fun to whoop up on the big headed LS1 owners. :)

You state: "the previously mentioned OPTI is a PITA because the front of the motor needs to come apart to change it. " I simply said that statement is NOT TRUE. Fans can stay (so of course the radiator does too). Now you are saying it's expensive too; I paid $190 for a brand new GM Vented Opti. Not bad for a distributor, cap, and rotor. Oh, and I bought that from a GM dealer, and not with some "I know person xxx hookup."

Then you state "Dont waste your time on a LT1." But it's not a waste of time at all, and a lot of the parts ARE cheaper. Pistons, crank, rods, pretty much the whole shortblock are all GEN-I stuff = far cheaper than LS1 stuff. Pully setups for superchargers are better (and less costly).

Do LS1's have more potential? Yes; they aren't stuck with a single block (and aren't stuck with Iron only), far better stock, ported stock, and aftermarket heads, better stock ignition setup, better PCM support, and sort of better intake support.

But you are acting like building a LT1 is a waste, when it has been proven time and again it isn't. Fastest stock suspended LT1 is only about a tenth behind its LS1 counterpart. Fastest 6-speed F-body is an LT1. The LS1 has the bigger aftermarket and support now, but the LT1 is by no means dead in the water.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably build an LS1. But there is NOTHING wrong with building an LT1, and it is always fun to whoop up on the big headed LS1 owners. :)

Very well put.

IF YOU DONT BELIEVE MY PREVIOUS POST LOOK AT THIS!!!!

LT1 vs LS1 Edit: I just watched this again... so why is there and argument?

Yes LS1's have more options to go faster. However you can build any motor go fast with the right amount of money. If I forged out an LT1 and threw twin turbos on it this wouldnt even be a discussion.

I love my LS1, but there is nothing wrong with an LT1

To the original poster, sorry your thread got high-jacked hopefully you were able to make a choice before a couple of these bozo's decided to get stupid. I would personally go with an LS1 :D

Yes, this kind of got outta hand!

Will let everyone know what we end up with.

You are retarded..

I love ricers who like to live off of their pipe dreams.

1. I don't' drag race

2. I don't auto-cross or road rice either

3. My old car was an rusty oldsmobile

However, I KNOW :

1. That I can out-handle anything on this board

2. And I'm a motor swap away from "blowing everything away on this board"

3. If you don't agree with me you're "RETARDED"

Go back to playing Pikachu vs Roboman or something..seriously.

You are retarded..

I love ricers who like to live off of their pipe dreams.

1. I don't' drag race

2. I don't auto-cross or road rice either

3. My old car was an rusty oldsmobile

However, I KNOW :

1. That I can out-handle anything on this board

2. And I'm a motor swap away from "blowing everything away on this board"

3. If you don't agree with me you're "RETARDED"

Go back to playing Pikachu vs Roboman or something..seriously.

Wow. You guys took my posts the way, way wrong way. Congrats on being internet winnarz.

1. True

2. True, not for another week anyway.

3. Olds had no rust.

1. *removed*I definitely didnt say that. I said I could out handle most of the cars on here, not anything. I can think of a few cars that can destroy my car when it comes to turns.

2. True, and I stand by this statement.

3. Wrong. Completely wrong. I gave my opinion, and no one has to agree with it. That is their choice.

And someone send "Bad Ass Black Buick" some chill pills.

And someone send "Bad Ass Black Buick" some chill pills.

I am on them, but for some reason dipshits like you still cause me to have outburst. I think your the one that really needs to chose his words wisely here considering you called the majority of the board retards based on their reason for purchasing the particular vehicle they did. Last time I checked, how fast a car can go around some cones in a parking lot wasn't a very strong marketing strategy for auto companies, and thats also not the standard for auto magazines to test a vehicles performance.

I also think Shawn had your ignorant ramblings spot on.

I am on them, but for some reason dipshits like you still cause me to have outburst. I think your the one that really needs to chose his words wisely here considering you called the majority of the board retards based on their reason for purchasing the particular vehicle they did. Last time I checked, how fast a car can go around some cones in a parking lot wasn't a very strong marketing strategy for auto companies, and thats also not the standard for auto magazines to test a vehicles performance.

I also think Shawn had your ignorant ramblings spot on.

Congrats, you failed to read anything I wrote also.

I read it but I dont really give a fuck what you have to say.

So instead you choose to put words in my mouth, and toss out unnecessary insults? Come on man, I thought we were better people than that.

Rich, your thread totally got jacked, and I am sorry.

All I have to say to that is 1LE.

OMG LS1 GOES FASTAR IN QUARTARZ!!!! LAWLZ!!!

Seriously, people who base their car buying on 1/4 times need to be backhanded.

Yep, thought so, this came from your post, I did not touch it up, thats 100% you.

I am saying that if you buy a car for its straight line speed, you are straight up retarded. There is nothing wrong with drag racing, but 1/4 times hardly makes a street car.

Yep same here, didnt make that up either.

My interpretation of what you said does not change what you said, which was ignorant. Like I asked before, who the fuck are you to comment on why people decide to purchase their car.

You still don't get it, because you still didn't actually read anything I posted. I guess that is ok.

I said that buying a street car based on 1/4 time makes you retarded, I stand by that, and will. It is something to take into consideration, but you don't base everything on that. If you buy a car for the purpose of it being a streetable drag car, then you might want to base it on that. We are talking about an 18 year old's daily, not a strip dominator.

So once again, quit making up your own negative interpretations, and throwing out insults that aren't needed.

You still don't get it, because you still didn't actually read anything I posted. I guess that is ok.

I said that buying a street car based on 1/4 time makes you retarded, I stand by that, and will. It is something to take into consideration, but you don't base everything on that. If you buy a car for the purpose of it being a streetable drag car, then you might want to base it on that. We are talking about an 18 year old's daily, not a strip dominator.

So once again, quit making up your own negative interpretations, and throwing out insults that aren't needed.

When my car gets put back together I am looking at running some "impressive" times, it will get pretty good gas mileage (especially for what it is and the times it should run). It will look good and act and perform fully street able.

Hence why i feel the LS1>LT1 far more in the world of tuning the car, mpg, power, 1/4 mile times. Drive to and from the track with the tops off (or on with the AC blasting)

I am assuming you know what the 1LE stands for by your response.

Yep, thought so, this came from your post, I did not touch it up, thats 100% you.

Yep same here, didnt make that up either.

My interpretation of what you said does not change what you said, which was ignorant. Like I asked before, who the fuck are you to comment on why people decide to purchase their car.

Duhh..dude its obvious you didn't really read anything he said..

You obviously went back and edited his posts magically?