hey computer guys...

Spidey2721

To any of you guys that keep up on current good computer deals. Would you please do me a favor, and let me know of any good laptop deals out there. I am in the market for a new laptop. Kinda looking around. I know of two I want but... I cant really spend 1500 on one right now. Heck a friend of mine got a decent laptop for 500 at the end of last year. She got lucky got a close out deal.

thanks,

jay

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Ive been itching to get a new laptop myself. I have an older Inspiron 8200, and if anyone remembers those... 15" 1600x1200 display FTW, Geforce4go and a 1.8gig P4.

I cant seem to find much to match that even? The most important thing to me is the display. If its not 1600x1200 I wont even look at it. For the specs I have on my 8200, I cant seem to give it up just yet.

ok i have a question. I have been out of the computer game for a lil while. I noticed that there are a shit ton of different processor designs. Architecture seems to be the biggest difference I have noticed. So for a laptop what should I look for and what should I stay away from. Back in the day I was always a amd guy. Dont really want this thread to become a long debate on amd vrs pentium. Could someone give me a quick run down on both though? Oh yea and did firewire die? I dont see it much anywhere anymore. Although, though from what I can tell usb 2 is a heck of a lot better then what I am used to.

If you want to game for cheap, AMD is the only choice. Chances are an Intel will have their extreme graphics 950 or so. Which blows goat balls. Yeah, the Core 2 Duo is a better processor design, but the AMD's typically come with a better chipset.