Mechanic help

ImUrOBGYN

After dropping in the built tranny this past Sat, it seems the kickdown cable was not hooked up tranny side. (One mistake's not too bad for our first time.) The pan has to be dropped and the valve body loosened so that the kickdown cable can be reached. I cannot fit my hand comfortably, but more importantly, I no longer have the torque set available to me and the bolts are very torque specific.

With a lift, this shouldn't be more than a 15 min job. Just alot of bolts to loosen and tighten and refill tranny. I, of course, will even help where I can if needed. Anyone comfortable enough with trannies and a price that's not ridiculous, post or send me a pm, plz.

The car is an 89 Supra Turbo w/the A340 tranny.

I can even send a couple pics that may help.

No. When I have HAD to drive it, I've been very, very gentle and only for short distances. I know without it, I don't have any line pressure and the clutches will slip. That's why I'm bustin ass trying to get this taken care of asap. I no longer have the taurus so this is my only car other than the gf's.

Even though I had seen a post by you about your disdain for transmissions just a couple days ago, I was going to mention it if I saw you. Eric made it sound like it was your house was the fuckin fotress of solitude :rolleyes: and it was all locked up. Otherwise, I would've came in and hung out like I did last time.

Guest Removed
Even though I had seen a post by you about your disdain for transmissions just a couple days ago, I was going to mention it if I saw you. Eric made it sound like it was your house was the fuckin fotress of solitude :rolleyes: and it was all locked up. Otherwise, I would've came in and hung out like I did last time.

I do some tranny stuff, just not rebuilds. ;)

no the garage is the fotress...when im not home. and by jenns rules, no one is allowed in the house when we arent home.(eric breaks that rule normally, she is tryying too break him of it.) :) plus if shes sleeping....well, trust me you dont want too deal with that.

and eric is just goffy anyway, but i dont know what you are going to do too the cats when we arent around. ;)

I do some tranny stuff, just not rebuilds. ;)

no the garage is the fotress...when im not home. and by jenns rules, no one is allowed in the house when we arent home.(eric breaks that rule normally, she is tryying too break him of it.) :) plus if shes sleeping....well, trust me you dont want too deal with that.

and eric is just goffy anyway, but i dont know what you are going to do too the cats when we arent around. ;)

lol

We had considered it, but do to time and money constraints, it wasn't really considered long. Besides, when you see how fast this tranny shifts, it should make every manual driver look like they're granny shifting. Brake boosting and no lag between shifts ftw. The trannies aren't complete slushboxes in these cars like they are, for example, my gf's cougar. You can hold till redline and it downshifts through the gears without any intervention (though you can intervene and the tranny reacts quickly for an auto) and is geared to the car pretty decently. If you could drive my car and then the taurus or the cougar, it'd become immediately apparent. Don't get me wrong, though, a manual is a joy to drive anyway.

Just wanna thank Joe for coming out this morning and giving me a hand with the tranny. If you need a mechanic and Joe offers, don't be hesitant. Plus, he's a certified Toyota mechanic. (But work at Lexus, right? Doesn't matter, same difference.) He's also loves puppies, reading poetry, and is capable of small feats of magic. You tell your wife to let you get that pipe for you bike. :D

In all seriousness, thanks again, man. :burn:

Just wanna thank Joe for coming out this morning and giving me a hand with the tranny. If you need a mechanic and Joe offers, don't be hesitant. Plus, he's a certified Toyota mechanic. (But work at Lexus, right? Doesn't matter, same difference.) He's also loves puppies, reading poetry, and is capable of small feats of magic. You tell your wife to let you get that pipe for you bike. :D

Joe FTW!

You are welcome! And I thought I told you not to mention the poetry thing! That was our secret!!!! :mad: