Nitto or bfg kdw2

TurboRust

Usually I'm the one to answer tire questions, but this time I'm looking for experience. I'm going with a wide ass tire and want something with decent traction, but I dont want to be screwed in the rain. I can get the nitto 555r and the bfg gforce kdw2 for about the same price, any opinions on wet traction and wear. I have snow tires and slicks for the track so these will be street only tires on a 300ish whp car. heres pics of the 2 tires, not in the actual sizes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-305-45-18-Nitto-NT555R-Drag-Radial-Tires-Race-NT555_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66476QQitemZ190092806745QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-BFGOODRICH-TIRE-G-FORCE-T-A-KDW2-235-35-19-TIRES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66477QQitemZ170081576069QQrdZ1

Guest Ponyfreak
I had the Nitto 555R's 265/?/16" on my Mark VIII for a long time. I drove in the rain with them all the time without any problems. I don't know anything about that BFG tire. I have the 345/35/18 drag radials on my Viper and they are absolutly 100% not for rain.

Two different tires. Like comparing apples and oranges. I knew someone who did have nitto 555 and went to the bfg's. Other than being a bit noisy when they wear, he enjoyed them more for what he needed which was a high perf tire that could be driven in the rain with confidence. Don't know this for sure, but the bfg's will probably handle better. Generally, a drag related tire will wear very fast (the bfg's wear kinda quick, too) but will also usually have softer sidewalls, as well.

I have heard good things about the bfg for the most part, just a little expensive, sometimes noisy (like most high po tires) and suprisingly good in the rain.

I run nitto 555Rs on my car when it runs. They work pretty well for traction, I've never really had a problem with them. For safety in the rain, I would recommend them.

I've decided to go with the bfg's i've always heard good things about them and had a set of used nittos once 245-50-16 that I couldve cared less for. As far as road noise I have no cats and a flowmaster 40 series catback, my shits loud I dont care about tire noise. I"ll have pics up soon and you can see what size tire I wedged on a 10" rim :D

nope, the biggest they go is 295 :D

Trying to break the tire machine again?...hopefully my tires are a little less painful to install.

Even though you've already made your decision I'll back it up...I had a set of Nitto 455's on my CRX and a set of 555's on our 325 and never really cared for either set.

Andy

Guest hotrodmama024
I was waiting on the KDWS to go down in price for a year. I actually got the firehawk wideovals. They actually out performed the KDWS in the rain on road course per tirerack stats. I love the wide ovals though in the rain and on dry. Just another option.