To all married guys...

verse

I looked into flying to Hawaii and getting married on the beach..There are several beaches/ locations to choose from. It was super cheap. The prices for the packages started at $100. and that included a few pictures, wedding, and paperwork. The prices went as the package included more things. By far was that the cheapest way to go. Hotels are not that expensive, but the flight will bite your wallet $1300 est pp.

I found a realy cool cruise ship. I think we might end up doing this. It is pretty pricey but with my employee discount it's about $3000 off per person.

http://www.starclippers.com/ships_scsf.html

me and my wife spent $0 on our wedding it was at a small church in my hometown with only immediate family. we just had to show up. then we got a 10day cruise as a wedding present from her parents. It was the best way to do it.

My wife and I seemed to have lucked out when we got married. Since we were members of the church, we got the ceremony, the minister, basement for reception, and workers that cooked and served the food for free. We had a wedding for around 250 people and I think the total thing cost us maybe $2,500. Of course our family and us did a lot of the work making stuff for the wedding and it really cut the costs. And since both my wife and I were 20 at the time and we had the reception at a church, we had no drinking, so that solved that problem.

This seemed very similar to what my wife and I did. We got married at my wife's church, and had our reception at a township hall. At the township hall, we rented a large tent and my wife's family has several that do catering(they didnt charge for the work, but we paid for the food). We had a few kegs of beer and all said and done, around $3000. We had around 150 people in attendence and this was 13 years ago. My wife and I rather spend the big money on a house/land then a one time party. My wife and her mom did all of the flowers and we did the decorating. However, my folks did pay for our honeymoon which was a cruise to Cancun.

I'll help her out. The park is called Inniswoods Metro Gardens. It is located at 940 S. Hempstead Road. A lot of my friends would go there for prom pics. Here is a website i found on it. Hope this helps.

http://www.metroparks.net/ParksInniswood.aspx

Thank ya bud~ Yeah that place was amazing. I would get married there in a heartbeat!

The roses are getting ready to bloom and they were even adding new things the other day when I was there. Congrats again and hope you find the perfect spot!! ;-)

Let me know if you need any other help! :-)

I looked into flying to Hawaii and getting married on the beach..There are several beaches/ locations to choose from. It was super cheap. The prices for the packages started at $100. and that included a few pictures, wedding, and paperwork. The prices went as the package included more things. By far was that the cheapest way to go. Hotels are not that expensive, but the flight will bite your wallet $1300 est pp.

I found a realy cool cruise ship. I think we might end up doing this. It is pretty pricey but with my employee discount it's about $3000 off per person.

http://www.starclippers.com/ships_scsf.html

I had looked into the beach wedding too. My cousin just was married last year in Nassau at Atlantis. We went down there and they had a beautiful beach wedding and they had a cruise afterwards on a sail boat, dinner for the family and photos etc.. around 5k for everything.

My wife and I looked at inniswoods but what turned us off was the fast that they would not allow chairs on the grass, We had about 150 people and plenty of old people who just plain could not stand for any amount of time. Thou it was a nice place to visit

My wife and I looked at inniswoods but what turned us off was the fast that they would not allow chairs on the grass, We had about 150 people and plenty of old people who just plain could not stand for any amount of time. Thou it was a nice place to visit

They allow chairs and wheelchairs for disabled and elderly. My sister got married there in 2002. It was a really nice place for the ceremony, plenty of parking, big shade tree right by where everyone watches during the ceremony (I think, cant remember completely) I must say though that there is no shade for the area where the actual ceremony was performed, it was labor day weekend when my sister got married and I was dying standing out in the sun for an hour in my black suit.

I got married at the Darby House. My family and hers talk about what an amazing place and party it was. Im not sure the total bill, but I bet we spent about 10k (with an open bar, GREAT food, ceramony, GOLF!, and lots of other things included). The Darby House is an excellent place, Samantha is GREAT, if you don't have a person helping you already. It was beautiful and we LOVED the atmosphere there.

Now, If I had to do it all over again. I would consider getting married on a cruise, its about the same price and you dont have to worry about a honeymoon.

If you do get the Darby House, which I do recommend, have Trent from Encore Entertainment for DJ'ing. He is awesome and they like him there too.

If you have any specific questions pm me.

way to expensive and cameron mitchell steak house is there only place that caters good food but gooooooo thats alot at like 24 bucks a person

Truth.. Good friend of mine got married there a few years back, it was so freakin nice but he said it was the cost of a small house.

and 24 a person is cheap.. ours was about 50 a person for the reception, if you invite a lot of alcoholics the price starts going up exponentially.

They allow chairs and wheelchairs for disabled and elderly. My sister got married there in 2002. It was a really nice place for the ceremony, plenty of parking, big shade tree right by where everyone watches during the ceremony (I think, cant remember completely) I must say though that there is no shade for the area where the actual ceremony was performed, it was labor day weekend when my sister got married and I was dying standing out in the sun for an hour in my black suit.

Huh they told us absolutely no chairs at all and they would'nt supply any. Maybe they just didnt like us

a friend of mine got married outdoors at Deercreek 2 Fall's ago....it was a pretty setting on the lake with the leaves changing, and i know it was around 5k for everything...and a few more friends have gotten married recently one at a golf course which was a nice setting as well...since they are young they don't have much money, i can't imagine they spent more than $7k. it seems they all tend to put most of the money on an open bar and drinks, then a DJ, then food. depending on your family, a lot of people decide to cater and cook the food themselves or make a majority of the decorations to cut costs.

i don't think that 7k is all that much, my girl's best friend has been planning her wedding in Chicago, it cost them 25k just to rent the location...their looking at a 6-figure wedding, which i think is a hell of a lot, but some people will spend endless amounts on their wedding day.