06/07 R6 riders?

Scotty2Hotty

Wondering if there are any on the board. Found a 2007 Raven R6 up at Hinds yesterday. Been interested in getting one for quite some time, so just wondering how happy people have been with em. I want to order an 07', but I might be able to snag a 06' for a few hundred cheaper. Keep in mind this is my first REAL bike, so I ain't going too big so as to hurt myself. Just wondering how enjoyable, maintanance, etc...

06 Here and I love it, haven't put a lot of miles on it but I'm not tall so I don't find it uncomfortable. I have around 800 miles on it now and I bought it with 470 on it from a chick who had it then decided riding wasnt for her. I got an ext warranty until 09 and a bike cover and lock as well.

If you can find an 06 you should be able to get a GREAT deal but I doubt there are many left unless you luck out like I did and find one with low mileage.

If you want a new one go to http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com they have GREAT pricing and I'm sure can beat anyone in Columbus. They are in Toledo but that would be a nice ride home or borrow a friend's truck and go up and pick it up.

Take the MSF to and don't act retarded on it.

Wondering if there are any on the board. Found a 2007 Raven R6 up at Hinds yesterday. Been interested in getting one for quite some time, so just wondering how happy people have been with em. I want to order an 07', but I might be able to snag a 06' for a few hundred cheaper. Keep in mind this is my first REAL bike, so I ain't going too big so as to hurt myself. Just wondering how enjoyable, maintanance, etc...

What kind of bikes have you had before, because any of the 600 supersports can hurt you pretty easily.

The R6 is the least street-friendly of the 600s from a power-delivery standpoint. It makes the power, but it's mostly at the top end and has nothing in the mid-range, which is where a street-bike spends 95% of it's life. It's also geared really tall. Nothing that a sprocket change can't take care of, however.

I read a shootout in Superbike that covered the 06 bikes, and they weren't all that impressed with the R6, even saying that although it was the most track-oriented, it was the hardest bike to get anything out of. The Honda 600RR, Suzuki GSX-R600, ZX-6R, and Triumph 675 were all just easier to ride.

It also suffered from rattling your fillings on the street.

In the end, even 10 year old 600s offer more than 98% of us can use. Pick the one that you like the best and don't worry about which bike is 'better' according to the mag shootouts.

Honestly, Scott, I think you would do yourself better with a slightly older (01-03) 1000cc bike. Power wise they make more, but there is more torque in the mid range, so you won't be winding out a small revvier 600. Not that revving is a bad thing, but keep in mind, to get that acceleration feeling, you will be in the 13-15000rpm range, which is almost 90 in a newer 600. Compare that to about 7-9000 rpm range which would be about 50-70ish on an older liter. Just food for thought.

Also, maintenance on an older bike will be less, as they tend to be a bit simpler to work on.

Scott, I am a honda man...But i have owned 91 kan of tuna,96 gsx-r600, 99 r6,01 r6,01 cbr929rr. And I wish i wouldve just bought the 929rr first and foremost..IF your not an idiot, then you can handle a bike of that size....If you stupid and risky, i say start out with the 600...less power to kill yourself

Scott, I am a honda man...But i have owned 91 kan of tuna,96 gsx-r600, 99 r6,01 r6,01 cbr929rr. And I wish i wouldve just bought the 929rr first and foremost..IF your not an idiot, then you can handle a bike of that size....If you stupid and risky, i say start out with the 600...less power to kill yourself

I agree. A 600 (sportbike) half-way newer anything is not a "starters" bike. They can easily get you injured/killed once you start twisting that throttle just as much as a liter bike or the like. The front wheel can come off the ground just the same. The amount of time/gear may be different, but you figure that out when finding your starting limitations either way. I started out on a 99 zx-9, but I took it very slow. While my friends bought new 600's, then turned around a year or two later and sold them for 900+/ liter bikes. Along with losing money on the bike and the mods, I know they wished they would have done what I did. Just gotta be responsible and know your limitations.

Thanks guys for the advice. I've been looking at Hinds Motorsports, since it's honestly up the road, and I can get the bike I honestly want. I think the liter bike maybe a good idea, the new GSXR 1000 has a mode button that you can toggle the power on it, it goes from a 1 to 3 level, 3 being all it's got and 1 being close to 600 power range. I'd love to get a bigger bike, but as I've heard, bigger bike obvious more weight and in turn a lil harder to maneuver and what not. I'm gonna go back tomorrow and give the other 600's some thought. Wasn't impressed with the GSXR or the Kawasaki. Now the only other bike that had my interest was the Honda 600RR. Liked the way the whole bike layed out and how I sat on it. I'm really trying to go for a brand new bike, I want the warranty, and overall the fact I can afford a new bike. Also I know not a single soul but me has ridden it from the 0 mile mark :D I know even the smallest of 600's now can and would kick my ass if not respectful and smart. But really looking to start off smaller and get back in the groove of riding. Once I feel comfortable I'm thinking that's when we'll step on up to the big boy range of 1000cc+. I went around to I Columbus power sports (I think it's off morse Rd.) and wasn't too impressed with their selection and staff. Hinds was deffinately good in working with, not to mention I put $200 on anything and I can hold it.

I didn't realize 390lbs was alot on newer liter bikes. :)

LOL I know, I'm a pussy. :p Being my first bike, the temptation of a liter bike is too much I think. This might actually be one of the first things in my life I've ever been scared of. 2 tours of Iraq, was a rush at times, hope this brings some fun back. :D

Thanks guys for the advice. I've been looking at Hinds Motorsports, since it's honestly up the road, and I can get the bike I honestly want. I think the liter bike maybe a good idea, the new GSXR 1000 has a mode button that you can toggle the power on it, it goes from a 1 to 3 level, 3 being all it's got and 1 being close to 600 power range. I'd love to get a bigger bike, but as I've heard, bigger bike obvious more weight and in turn a lil harder to maneuver and what not. I'm gonna go back tomorrow and give the other 600's some thought. Wasn't impressed with the GSXR or the Kawasaki. Now the only other bike that had my interest was the Honda 600RR. Liked the way the whole bike layed out and how I sat on it. I'm really trying to go for a brand new bike, I want the warranty, and overall the fact I can afford a new bike. Also I know not a single soul but me has ridden it from the 0 mile mark :D I know even the smallest of 600's now can and would kick my ass if not respectful and smart. But really looking to start off smaller and get back in the groove of riding. Once I feel comfortable I'm thinking that's when we'll step on up to the big boy range of 1000cc+. I went around to I Columbus power sports (I think it's off morse Rd.) and wasn't too impressed with their selection and staff. Hinds was deffinately good in working with, not to mention I put $200 on anything and I can hold it.

Hind's for the m'fin win!!! I bought the first ZX14 they sold there. So far, both of my bikes have been from there. They were the lowest price on my ZX14, even beating Honda East Toledo's ZX14.NET member price by 200 bucks, and gave me the most for my trade. When I went to Motorsports of Columbus, they told me they would match/beat any price, so when I went back there with documents with Hind's price, I was told there is no way they could sell me the bike at that price. Next thing I noticed, MoC's price was 2g's higher than originally quoted. Needless to say, I didn't buy from them, but went to Hind's and signed for EXACTALLY the price they told me.

Talk to Brandon, unless you have your favorite sales person there. :thumbup:

While my friends bought new 600's, then turned around a year or two later and sold them for 900+/ liter bikes. Along with losing money on the bike and the mods, I know they wished they would have done what I did. Just gotta be responsible and know your limitations.

I started with a fzr600 which I rode for a year and then I moved up to a r6 mostly for looks. I still am learning to ride and my r6 makes way more power than I need and beats the majority of cars on the road. Often merging onto freeways I find myself doing 100 with out even meaning to, first gear red lines at 60. I would like to know why people get 1000s unless they ride at the track or stunt or race other liters on the street.

I started with a fzr600 which I rode for a year and then I moved up to a r6 mostly for looks. I still am learning to ride and my r6 makes way more power than I need and beats the majority of cars on the road. Often merging onto freeways I find myself doing 100 with out even meaning to, first gear red lines at 60. I would like to know why people get 1000s unless they ride at the track or stunt or race other liters on the street.

Why do people add forced induction to V8s? Same reason.

I love the fact that with my wife and I on my bike BEFORE the power commander I was pulling an 03 R6 down the free way and wasn't breaking a sweat.

Hind's for the m'fin win!!! I bought the first ZX14 they sold there. So far, both of my bikes have been from there. They were the lowest price on my ZX14, even beating Honda East Toledo's ZX14.NET member price by 200 bucks, and gave me the most for my trade. When I went to Motorsports of Columbus, they told me they would match/beat any price, so when I went back there with documents with Hind's price, I was told there is no way they could sell me the bike at that price. Next thing I noticed, MoC's price was 2g's higher than originally quoted. Needless to say, I didn't buy from them, but went to Hind's and signed for EXACTALLY the price they told me.

Talk to Brandon, unless you have your favorite sales person there. :thumbup:

joe what did u give for the 14 if u dont mind me asking im thinking of buying a buse -not for the speed but for the fact ur not laying over all most on ur head while riding it-

Torque. Think that R6 pushes your gut back? You like that right? Ok, so almost double that.

^^^ Werd to that. Granted I'd love a liter bike and all, but dunno if I wanna drop another $4K or so, when I know I'd probably be happy with the 600cc bike.

Oh and Joe, been talking to Liz Spaulding, she's cool as hell, and gonna lemme know what's in the ol warehouse as far as the 06' models. Purdy cool chick (cute as hell too), but she rides an R6 and she says she loves it. Already got my heart pretty much set on the Raven R6, love the color, thinkin bout powder coating the chrome if I get it. Went to ASK in Grovetuckey today, not impressed sittin on the GSXR, Honda, and the Kawasaki. I like the way I'm seated on the R6, pretty comfortable honestly.