RX 7 Meet. 7/7/07 with Dyno

Mojoe

So Carl, once his car is tuned, should be faster than Zavier even if Zavier's car was running?

Speaking of Zavier, I still owe him a rematch. He got a healthy portion of my tail lights the last time we raced, and I think he wants seconds.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I know them all. But, my run down would be; Zavier(if he was running), Carl(once done tuning), Kyle is right in there too. I can't think of any others that go out, run, and have much done to them. Mines quick, but not fast. And even at that, I still need to finish my tune, which is set up for next week.

You know nothing.

Don't speak.

Back on topic: who has the fastest FD in the city? I would assume Tinman is up there for fastest FC in the city, but who's laying claim for fastest FD? Zavier? Kyle (still)? Joe, you? Carl?

I'd say mikes was before the accident. :(

I'd say mikes was before the accident. :(

Mikes was nothing short of a small monster. he never got to finish a full tune on the car and was already reaching the limits of what he felt comfortable with power. I guess only Tony and Mike are the only ones who really know what was in there.

As for Tony, if anyone was wondering. I can't say on his car because I've never seen him run it. I know he has something very strong there, it's just a matter of him coming out more often. The guy is just plane busy.

Same goes for Vila. I've never seen him car run. I know it's running now. But, I've never seen how strong it is.

The blue monster, Steve's car, is dead. His word's, "The car scares the crap out of me". As far as I know, he never opened it up all the way before it was wrecked.

If anything from the above is wrong, so be it. The actual person is the one to ask.

Mikes was nothing short of a small monster. he never got to finish a full tune on the car and was already reaching the limits of what he felt comfortable with power. I guess only Tony and Mike are the only ones who really know what was in there.

As for Tony, if anyone was wondering. I can't say on his car because I've never seen him run it. I know he has something very strong there, it's just a matter of him coming out more often. The guy is just plane busy.

Same goes for Vila. I've never seen him car run. I know it's running now. But, I've never seen how strong it is.

The blue monster, Steve's car, is dead. His word's, "The car scares the crap out of me". As far as I know, he never opened it up all the way before it was wrecked.

If anything from the above is wrong, so be it. The actual person is the one to ask.

well I remember Mike was running mid or low 11s as far as I know he was one of if not the fastest "track" car on here and that was with his old setup.

well I remember Mike was running mid or low 11s as far as I know he was one of if not the fastest "track" car on here and that was with his old setup.

Mikes' 11.8 run was/is the fastest rotoary RX 7 around here, that I know of. That was when Mike was on stock twins. Carl ran 12.2 on stock twins last season and is now working with a bit more, but has yet to track the set up.

I know that someone in town has been running a 3 rotor for a few years, but I don't know him. I would assume that car scoots too.

I know that someone in town has been running a 3 rotor for a few years, but I don't know him. I would assume that car scoots too.

that would be my friend logan, co-owner of defined autoworks. the car ran a 12.7 back in the day with some street tires and a slipping clutch. He freed up some more power since then, but thats the fastest it officially ran. did i mention its n/a?

there were plenty of 'fast' RX7's around here, at least on the highway...Zavier, Vila, Jason, Tony, Kyle, Me, etc...but those cars seem to fall short at the track and the stock twin cars like Carl and Mike would rule the roost. i know my ET's were about a full sec faster in my bolt-on red FD than they are in the Blue Beast, it's just hard to drive and very frightening.

i'll swing over for this little shin-dig, i'm in the process right now of restoring my FD, but RX7 or not i'll be there.

Ask him to join us for the meet. Even if it is at another shop, it would be great to have the car there and meet him.

I'll try to bring him along, but most likely he'll be in the RX-4 because the FD is down for now.

Mikes' 11.8 run was/is the fastest rotoary RX 7 around here, that I know of. That was when Mike was on stock twins. Carl ran 12.2 on stock twins last season and is now working with a bit more, but has yet to track the set up.

Its never been my focus to have the highest hp/fastest car bragging rights,my old setup worked beautifully but a oppertunity came up to get Mikes old single setup so I jumped on it,his old setup was good for way over 500 hp btw if I got 450 I would be skippy :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to follow up on things. I talked to Jason a Zavior this morning, They are really looking forward to this as much as we are. I still feel many people don't know about this. I talked to an RX 8 guy today, and he really was interested. So, let's not forget our rotary brethren. After seeing how things went at Deals Gap last weekend, I know the more people we have the more fun this will be.

Hope everyone interested in seeing these cars and meeting up come out of this.

Just wanted to follow up on things. I talked to Jason a Zavior this morning, They are really looking forward to this as much as we are. I still feel many people don't know about this. I talked to an RX 8 guy today, and he really was interested. So, let's not forget our rotary brethren. After seeing how things went at Deals Gap last weekend, I know the more people we have the more fun this will be.

Hope everyone interested in seeing these cars and meeting up come out of this.

Is Zavier's car going to be ready by then? Just planning my schedule and wanted to know if I would be walking any FD's that day.

I don't like to speak for people. I will say his redesign of his set up is inspiring to those looking for big power.

As you and I both know John, nothing is ever done till it's on the road. I'm 10 months on the road after my build, and still don't have a full tune. All we can say is soon....

I don't like to speak for people. I will say his redesign of his set up is inspiring to those looking for big power.

As you and I both know John, nothing is ever done till it's on the road. I'm 10 months on the road after my build, and still don't have a full tune. All we can say is soon....

I know, I didn't expect you to answer for him. Rather, I was hoping he'd see my post and answer for himself. Similarly, I hope he reads this and sees me say that his redesign better make a whole lotta power under the curve if he hopes to stay within a buslength of the Z06.

:)