zx14

conn-e-rot

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about getting a zx14 anyone have one?

If so what kind of mileage do you get?

How is the comfort driver and passenger?

How are they for city driving I've heard pretty smooth is this the case?

Thanks for the input

Not really the same kind of input but I am also thinking of getting one also.

Any idea what year / color you were planning on getting or if you were buying from a dealer or private?

Not really the same kind of input but I am also thinking of getting one also.

Any idea what year / color you were planning on getting or if you were buying from a dealer or private?

Haven't decided on year I like the sapphire blue 2008 but I also like the green 2009 and the 2009 special edition. I would be buying from a dealer I don't want a used zx14.

I'm thinking about getting a zx14 anyone have one?

If so what kind of mileage do you get?

How is the comfort driver and passenger?

How are they for city driving I've heard pretty smooth is this the case?

Thanks for the input

Very nice Use to have one. I miss it soooo much. Around town like in our area not so much on the comfort because of the traffic, but going on 90, 11, or rt 7 (where it is more wide open area) that is a whole different ball park. That bike rides better at the high speeds. I do not recomend it for the novice rider. They are kinda heavy. Wife said she loved that bike was comfortable for her as well.

How soon do you think?

Not sure gonna call around tomorrow see how far I gotta drive to find one. The wife wants to see one and sit on it before I buy. Found some new 2008's on ebay in NJ for under 10k. Xtreme Kawasaki has 2008 & 2009 but they are about 3hrs from me.

Not sure gonna call around tomorrow see how far I gotta drive to find one. The wife wants to see one and sit on it before I buy. Found some new 2008's on ebay in NJ for under 10k. Xtreme Kawasaki has 2008 & 2009 but they are about 3hrs from me.

Honda East Toledo have 08's for under $10k also but being a paid member ($30 I think) of TSBR.com will get you a bit of a discount on the bike & on gear from there.

I checked the insurance and an 08 is close to double that of an 06 for me.

i have a XX, not a ZX, but as a general rule, the hypersports (ZX-14, Busa, XX and K1200S/K1300S) tend to be a lot heavier as far as handling at low speeds is concerned. They are a lot more comfortable for long hauls, and are definitely not reccomended for beginners. You will want to have a few seasons under your belt before you hop on one (strong emphasis on throttle control).

these are just based on my experience/ my advice...

wait a few seasons, get some miles under your belt first, then take a demo for a test ride...

Honda East Toledo have 08's for under $10k also but being a paid member ($30 I think) of TSBR.com will get you a bit of a discount on the bike & on gear from there.

I checked the insurance and an 08 is close to double that of an 06 for me.

I have Geico really good rates

i have rode one quite a bit, and you will love it. for its size its very nimble. and it is very well mannered for the amound of power it has. as stated its on the heavy side but im only 128 lbs on a good day and it wasnt to much for me to hold at all. for the long hauls, the seat is very comfy and the ergos and nice enough to not make you tired at all.

i say go for it!!! ;)

I dont like kawi's really, but I was pretty impressed with the 06-08 14's. Busa's are faster? well, by a 1/10 or something i think. The 14 is gonna be a lil smoother all around (stand-still starting) and the riding position is a lil more laid back. its a tad more comfy then the busa IMO.