optispark conversion?

dan93z28

does anyone know anything about converting the optispark in an lt1 to a distributorless ignition? i saw a kit for it in a magazine and i was wondering if anyone had done it or knows anyone thats done it. I'm curious as too how difficult it is.

I've got a DelTeq system on my '95 Vette. Funny you should post about this, because I'm currently having problems with my LT1 at 82k miles. However, I don't think it's opti-related.

If your Z doesn't have a ton of miles, even a used Opti should last a long time if you do the DelTeq conversion. The Halls optical pickup unit lasts a long time...most Opti problems are caused by carbon tracking from the high voltage. DelTeq takes this problem away.

Of course, the other problem can be if your waterpump leaks and drips onto the Opti...that's another problem altogether. :)

yea I just changed the cap and rotor for an msd one a couple months ago, and my waterpump is fine as far as I know. have you had any problems with the DelTeq setup? I was thinking about doing it after I finish my head gaskets just to be rid of the optispark. of course that all depends on my money situation.