Calling out Linn....

ohioko4s4

Hey Linn, since you're the guy I hear I have to beat to get the better races down there, how about you and I go this weekend? My GT2 is more show than go, so your big ci sprayed V8 should walk my bolt-on 6 hard. Say 40 roll?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car is staying in prospect, KY until june. i am still undesided on weather i am going to keep the car or buy something else. When i bring the car back you can have your race, i dought waiting a few more months is going to bother you.

Getting some secret work done in Louisville? I thought all your bottles were so carefully filled at IPS? :) So if your car is temporarily retired, who are you passing the baton to?

I will race you. Come to Pacemakers in Mt. Vernon next weekend and we can do a legit race, then if it is worth my time and you seem to have any common sense, we can do a roll race later on that night. I am assuming you live somewhere north so that would be perfect for you.

Hey, post some pics of you ride. I'm curious to see what you are working with.

You probably won't be able to see one thing that might give you a clue as to how little, or how much is done to his car. You have to rip the car half apart to work on anything on them. Just a fair warning if that's what you wanted to garner from pictures.

I'm assuming he's talking about the audi. Maybe he's talking about the prosche becasue he said GT2. Which car is it?

You probably won't be able to see one thing that might give you a clue as to how little, or how much is done to his car. You have to rip the car half apart to work on anything on them. Just a fair warning if that's what you wanted to garner from pictures.

I'm assuming he's talking about the audi. Maybe he's talking about the prosche becasue he said GT2. Which car is it?

He's talking about the Porsche, And the Vid I have seen of it........

Lets say you better have a drag car to beat it or a equivelant of his old supra to run it on the HWY.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76715

He's talking about the Porsche, And the Vid I have seen of it........

Lets say you better have a drag car to beat it or a equivelant of his old supra to run it on the HWY.

I appreciate the vote of confidence :), but it's nowhere near as fast as Cavin's Supra. It's probably a bit quicker than your average bolt-on car, but I got smacked around hard by a number of Supras down in Tx last month that Cavin's car could put buslengths on. But for a nice weather, quiet daily driver, it's a cool car :)

Jamie your 700hp GT2 looks sweet. What is the Supra going to run?

Thanks. Won't know until we finish it, but I didn't sell the black Supra for a slower version :) I'll bring it down later in the summer if there's a race worth coming down for.

I appreciate the vote of confidence :), but it's nowhere near as fast as Cavin's Supra. It's probably a bit quicker than your average bolt-on car, but I got smacked around hard by a number of Supras down in Tx last month that Cavin's car could put buslengths on. But for a nice weather, quiet daily driver, it's a cool car :)

What was done to the vette you raced?

What was done to the vette you raced?

He is selling the vette, so here are the specs in his ad:

"383ci shortblock (Eagle crank, H-beam rods, Diamond Pistons, Double roller timing chain, Ported Oil pump, Comp Lifters)

244-248 comp cam

Trick Flow 215 Cylinder Heads

ARP Head bolts

FAST 90mm intake

Ported LS2 TB

MTI Ram Air

30lb injectors

SLP underdrive pulley

Kooks 1 7/8 stainless steel headers

Ofrroad X-pipe

Custom catback exhaust

RAM Twin Disc clutch

Mcloud Adjustable master cylinder

B&M Shifter

All parts profesionally installed at Horsepower Engineering. Car dynoed 504rwhp N/A. This thing is a beast from a roll."

Add the shot he was spraying and it made sense that it was a close race. There's a video of it floating around on the LS1 forums somewhere....during that video I started at his rear bumber and ended at his door when he shut it down. The second race we started together and I pulled about a half car...but he someone lost that video :)

Been following the GT2 build on 6speed...I have to say that it's a very nicely done car, and quite a nice solution for a "compromise" car.

Andy

Thanks, appreciate it. It's hard to make one car do everything, so building a reasonably fast, reliable, comfortble, daily driver along with a balls-out race car IMO is the way to go. I felt my previous Supra was a compromise in both regards, so I wanted to go a different direction and build two dedicated cars. Plus it attracted WAY too much attention at my age :)