Shipping a transmission?

Patrick

I'm selling my T-5 to some guy, and he wants me to ship it to him at his cost. Cool, ok. He wants me to 'wrap it up' so it can be shipped...I've never shipped any car parts, ever, and I'm unsure of how to wrap it. can anyone with past experiences on shipping trannys give me a bit of advice?

I'm selling my T-5 to some guy, and he wants me to ship it to him at his cost. Cool, ok. He wants me to 'wrap it up' so it can be shipped...I've never shipped any car parts, ever, and I'm unsure of how to wrap it. can anyone with past experiences on shipping trannys give me a bit of advice?

Since I have shipped 3 in the last 2 months I guess I can answer that.

1) Drain all fluids

2) I suggest wrapping it in plastic wrap. And then doing a quick once over with packaging tape to assure it doesnt come loose.

3) Secure it safely to a crate.

4) Have freight pick it up, but keep in mind its cheaper for him if you drop it off at their location.

I use yellow freight since they have a location a few miles from my house.

Hope this helps

I have to assume it isn't that heavy. I had mine in my hands this morning and can walk around with it pretty easy.

I have not shipped a tranny. However, I have shipped a lot of parts. I used the ups store. Not the cheapest, but easiest for me. I took it in and they wrapped it. Cost hasn't been too bad either. For sure, make certain the fluid is out. This saves on weight too.

I used Dayton Freight to ship a transmission from here to Conn, and I think it was about $100, and the transmission was 100lbs all packaged up.

UPS usually doesn't deal with packages that big. I've also heard of people shipping through Greyhound for really cheap, might be worth checking out.

There's a DHL store by Port Columbus that is really cheap to ship parts. I think their limit is about 80lbs though. You could call and ask. That's the place I ship things through when they are heavier(wheels and whatnot.)

....robot captors?

Inside joke.

I think he's wanting me to ship it UPS. Im unsure how they'll deal with it if they have a weight limit.

Yeah im still selling the 85, probably picking up that CRX once i have the cash.

Yeah im still selling the 85, probably picking up that CRX once i have the cash.

ahhhhh yes the pontiac powered crx....classy choice indeed. and btw I have no idea if ups would be a good idea I was just sayin unintelligent, useless words as per the norm. ;)