More Problems, Need Help

Guest Hal

I'm trying to get my car finished and everything just keeps going wrong. I went to start it today and it would idle for a second (literally) then stall. If I tried to give it any amount of throttle it stalled immediately. I pulled the belt from the blower to see if the problem was there, and to my surprise, the blower pulley was spinning. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Well I dont know for sure by my buddys 03 GT was doing the similar stuff, turned out to be a IAC valve and I had a car that did the same thing as well but was a fuel pump, In the last year I have replaced about 12 IAC valves on newer fords

Just my input hope it helps

-Andy

That's my goal for tomorrow. I'm also wondering if it can be the MAF. The only things different from the last time it ran are: it has coolant, power steering fluid, and the MAF is connected.

Guest Removed
it should also run with the maf unplugged....

make sure the heated wire is clean and free of debris

wrong ...it will run and die, if the maf is unplugged. it hasnt ran, too have data to fall back on and go into limp in mode and keep running.

I believe it is in the tune I have in it. The MAF is huge compared to stock, and it will run on the preset tables with the MAF unplugged.

Now I have another problem, when I turn the wheel or press the brake I get a grinding noise. I'm not a steering/hydroboost expert, but, is this probably just fluid?