Electrical issue

99BlownYellowGT

Ok i am having an electrical issue with my mustang. Everytime i hit a bump or anything like that my car will shut off. I am horrible with electrical issues. How in the hell do i track this down? I cant even drive this car anywhere to have it checked out. Now it does it when i shut the drivers side door. Any ideas? I desperately need this thing to run so something in my life is going right.

What have you checked? I'm not the one who will have the answer for you. But, I know the people who know this stuff will want to know what you have looked at. Sounds like a short, of course. I would start with alternator wires/cables and work from there. Checking the cable connection for the battery(I've had the cable come out of the connector). From there it's all you. Good luck Jason.

Yeah im thinking its a short somewhere. Or something grounding out. I hooked some jumpers on the negative terminal and ran it to another ground the car didnt stall immediately like it was but after slamming the door a couple times it would stall out. The odometer reads ------- when it happens and the car will not start back up unless i go to the off position and then restart it.Also when i was slamming the door the FP guage would jump to 40+ psi before stalling

It jumping to 40+ PSI sounds weird. If it just stayed there, that's more understandable. I know when I shut down, I hold pressure for a while. I'm not saying it's right, but I don't have issues from it. Having someone there with you to trouble shoot things is always easier. I'd help you tonight, but I need to finish mine to be in NC Friday.

check the rollover switch also try wiggling your key in the lock cylinder and see what happens I've had badly worn lock cylinders vibrate around to the off post before

lots of keys and key chains don't help much there either

Guest Removed
For free cuz thats how much money i have lol

start it , then start shaking wiring.. when it/if dies, start looking around in that area. good old wiggle test might just find it. almost sounds like a loose terminal or bad ground., something of that nature.

very rare but, could be the battery, hit a good bump and the plates inside shifted and it would die everytime.that one fucked with me for a couple days.

I think everyone else covered what I would say. I do doubt it's your cut off switch though because they need manually reset. I would go ahead and shake wires like Rob said. If it's not popping a fuse you most likely don't have a short to ground, more likely a bad or corroded ground somewhere.