Anyone work on boats/PWC's? Or wanna get together this summer?

Bam

I'm looking to buy a pwc here shortly and it'll probably be a stand up model for cost purposes, but I'd like to have it checked out before I get out in the middle of the lake and possibly get stuck. Or if anyone knows of good places to find them, I'd like to buy 2, around $500-$1000 a piece. I've found 3 or 4 and am going to look at a couple of them this weekend.

Just seeing if anyone else wanted to meet up once it gets warmer or if they had any experience in working on them/modding them.

Thanks

I sold 2 absolutely perfect 550 stand up skis with custom stand that was on wheels and stacked one on top the other. They looked like the just came out of the factory. Sold both for $800 including delivery to cleveland a few years back. So there are plenty of deals out there. About 5 years ago nobody wanted them.

If you are buying $500 PWC...expect to get stuck

Dude, unless you know what you're talking about, don't assume that because it's cheap its shitty. The ones I'm looking at have been out 20 years, they're bound to be cheap. Even completely overhauled ones at dealers I've seen for $1000-$1500. My dad had one like 5-7years ago and it was an awesome runner and looked great, he sold it for $1000 I think and bought some new sit down models.

Thanks though, :thumbup:

Dude, unless you know what you're talking about, don't assume that because it's cheap its shitty. The ones I'm looking at have been out 20 years, they're bound to be cheap. Even completely overhauled ones at dealers I've seen for $1000-$1500. My dad had one like 5-7years ago and it was an awesome runner and looked great, he sold it for $1000 I think and bought some new sit down models.

Thanks though, :thumbup:

I have plenty of marine experience... you still cant polish a turd :thumbup:

Why? Curious...

Well, you have room for 1. I don't care if it is a 3 seater, it is way to cramped. You may be able to pick chicks up pretty easy with the "I have a jet ski" line, but you can't do anything with them on the thing anyway, so whats the point? Next, you go out for a day and you will be sore as fuck for 2. Ohio sucks for jet skiing, the water is nasty, and confused chop. They suck to work on, and the older Kaw's are starting to get scarce on parts. Also, they are not as fast as you would think. The jet pump is very inefficient, it takes a shit ton of power to break into the 80's, and it works out to about an hour of use per pump. Yes, I know the new ones "run 80+ off the showroom floor," I have yet to see one run over 72 on radar.

Get a boat. Chicks you find will want to come back out again, and again, you have a stereo, room for a cooler, and you can move at the end of the day.

I already have a boat...a 97 Malibu Sunsetter LX, it's a blast, but I want something else. I do agree Ohio sucks, but Scioto is good for skiing/wakeboarding and Alum is decent for tubing.

Lake Cumberland is where it's at, didn't make it down last year but am hoping to this year.

I just miss having something small and to do stupid shit on, I don't care about going 80+, shit my boat only does 50ish I think, and I don't remember being all that sore after riding it all day down on Cumberland, but that's been 5 years at least.

Thanks for the info though...what do you have?

I already have a boat...a 97 Malibu Sunsetter LX, it's a blast, but I want something else. I do agree Ohio sucks, but Scioto is good for skiing/wakeboarding and Alum is decent for tubing.

Lake Cumberland is where it's at, didn't make it down last year but am hoping to this year.

I just miss having something small and to do stupid shit on, I don't care about going 80+, shit my boat only does 50ish I think, and I don't remember being all that sore after riding it all day down on Cumberland, but that's been 5 years at least.

Thanks for the info though...what do you have?

A little Baja.

You going to make it to the poker run in sept?

Maybe...more info please?

10 kegs, 22,000 watts of stereo power (22k last year, this year we will take 30k), 2 strip clubs, the boats arent bad either, speeds over 160mph, and you will see 5 million into paint jobs alone. We also had a big projector TV so we could catch the foot ball game on sat night. It worked out great, was on top of our houseboat, overlooking the two 80' party barges. After the game was over, we put up pictures from the day, and the stripper girls from Lauderdale decided it would be a good place to shadow dance.... pics in the link below.

Weekend after labor day, we go down thursday, poker run is on sunday.

There was around 140 boats in the run, and over 3,000 spectator boats last year. Entry fee is relatively cheap.

NWS http://www.totalmarineperformance.com/poker06 NWS!

You never said where it is...I'm assuming Lake Cumberland because I mentioned it and you said houseboats, but not sure. I'd definitely be down, I'll see if I can get any friends to join in too. Any room on the houseboat for me to crash, I'll take floorspace I don't care, lol. I'll throw down some cash too and bring at least the boat or pwc, but hopefully both.

Whoa shit, No clue how I've never heard of this, probably because I usually go down early in the year and we usually got to Grider Hill, not State Dock. Hmmm, I'm definitely down, for sure can bring the boat if needed.

You never said where it is...I'm assuming Lake Cumberland because I mentioned it and you said houseboats, but not sure. I'd definitely be down, I'll see if I can get any friends to join in too. Any room on the houseboat for me to crash, I'll take floorspace I don't care, lol. I'll throw down some cash too and bring at least the boat or pwc, but hopefully both.

State Dock at Cumberland.

http://www.lakecumberlandpokerrun.net

As for room, we get one for putting on the party, but it is a 4 bedroom one, and we had like 15 people sleeping in it last year. Best bet is sleeping bags and you boat, thats what I plan on. No charge to raft off there. There are clean showers there to use.

That's true, I'd just be worried about rain. Hmm, I might just do that anyways, makes sense, just pray for no rain, lol.

Do you guys ever leave the dock? A lot of the pictures seem to be in the marina itself...

Is there any schedule, or is it just go down thursday, party/ski/whatever until sunday, and then the poker run and then hit the road monday?

Haha. Our schedule looks like this-

Thurs 6am, normally hit the road.

Thurs 1pm Normally get to the lake, depending on traffic, breakfast, etc.

Start setting up, unload everything, and that keeps everyone busy until 4ish.

From then on, maybe an hour or so of crusing the lake, then a quick diner.

At dark, music comes on, basically a test night for everything.

Friday

You will be up by 8, people start rolling in, you cant sleep to the sound of multiple blown big blocks with open exhaust.

Hit the lake for most of the day, party at dark.

Saturday, up 8ish again, poker run drivers meeting at 9 or 930, then its on, run to Conley Bottom, (last year it went on to Burnside, who knows this year), then back for lunch (noon ish), then head down towards the dam, camp earl wallace, and wherever else, then everyone makes it into the falls. If you are in anything less than 35 feet, do not try to go back there during this time. You will get hurt. Dozens of big boats running 100mph through narrow channels, waves get 4-5 foot. After a couple of hours there we head back, our chef gets diner going, pulled pork, beef brisket, etc. Start watching the game, then get the party going as soon as its over. Party till 4 or 5am. Sleep until 8 or 9. Pack shit up, enjoy the lake for the rest of the day. Then drive home.

Last year, in our group driving down we had 5 or 6 boats, most other friends make it down early friday, friends from Columbus that make it down usually includes a couple 42 Fountains, some 38 Cigarettes, 38 Power Quest, and some smaller boats.

Yeah, I think my boat is a 21 footer, its an open bow cruiser/ski boat. Do you take part in the Poker run or just tag along to watch? Seems like a $500 a pop you gotta have a runner, plus how many do they allow on the boat during the run? 2, or do they not care?

Sounds like a blast, but also tiring as fuck! lol

They have the itinerary on that site you linked me to, 123 miles round trip, damn!

Alright, well I'm gonna talk with some people and see if I can't get a group to make the trip.

thanks for the info.

Yeah, I think my boat is a 21 footer, its an open bow cruiser/ski boat. Do you take part in the Poker run or just tag along to watch? Seems like a $500 a pop you gotta have a runner, plus how many do they allow on the boat during the run? 2, or do they not care?

Sounds like a blast, but also tiring as fuck! lol

They have the itinerary on that site you linked me to, 123 miles round trip, damn!

Alright, well I'm gonna talk with some people and see if I can't get a group to make the trip.

thanks for the info.

Last year was in a 33 Scarab (around Alum Creek a lot, blue and orange, pretty boat), last year was on a 38 Cigarette, both times did the run. They let as many people as you have a seat for, everyone has to wear a life jacket.

123 Miles, one of the 42's that came down went through the tanks twice, 280 gallons each fill up.... 93 octane, on the water was over 3/gal last year.