LS1 vs. 5.7 HEMI?

Guest Mushijobah

Guest Mushijobah
I am curious of the consensus. Yes, I realize there are many more mods out for the LS1. That does not take away from the overall quality and possible modability of an engine. Lets hear it.

I personally havent heard anything bad about the hemi. Its just in heavy cars and Trucks. Are you looking to pick up a ls1 or hemi car?

from what I could see from a quick search on jegs and summit the offer all your basic bolt ons.

As far as the new hemis are concerned, Comp Cams makes bumpsticks for em. Not so much with the cylinder head area, haven't heard anything come out from that realm. Just the few basics, but like LS1's I hear the Hemis "wake up" with a beefier cam in it. I deffinately agree with the Hemis are put in boats, if they had a say 3000lbs. RWD 2 door car to slap one in, I think there would be a lot bigger market. But then again Dodge automatic trannys suck, that's why I'd never own a dodge. LS1 > *

I have seen a couple of the 5.7s and 6.1s modded from a friend. They take mods very well. The problems lie in the tunning abilites, which are limited, and the cars they are in. They would be nice in a light weight car as a swap. You can get the 5.7 for a good price at a couple places. Just cause it says HEMI though the price goes up compared to the ls1.

"HEMI"......more like "hemi" in those tuna boats. The SRT8 is nice but the mpg's suck worse than my ride.

The charger off the shelf runs 14.2 for how big it is thats quick. But I seen an srt only put down a 14.0. It was AWD though.

LS1> http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/6356.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/32088.jpg

Even though the 2008 challenger may not weigh as much as the other boats. Its about time they put a hemi in a 2 door car.

I agree Kyle, I hate the fact that all RWD cars are PIGS, V8 or not, if its fast its heavy.

I compromised with a foxbody for a while, but they're so outdated and the chassis is like swiss cheese itself, it got old, no pun intended, after a while.

Why can we have a 300whp awd or rwd car that weighs under 2800lbs?!

I looked at the new GTO's and they are like 4400 lbs!! :eek: