Bye Bye Strip Clubs

BIG SHAFE

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that must be pointed out as well is most societies that existed outside of Christianity had a basic "moral code" that was similar in many ways to some of the ten commandments. Its basic biological morality, not biblical. A mother has a child in an indigenous tribe out in the middle of nowhere. The basic herd mentality wants to protect that child, and its mother for the purpose of self-preservation. Not because Moses got drunk and said so. Also most non-christian societies (tribal and more modern governmental) have some sort of law regarding the stealing of others property. Thieves being viewed as assholes was hardly an original idea when the 10 commandments were created.

Not that the ten commandments are a bad thing, the ideas are for the most part sound. Though I hardly see too many people besides Jews keeping the Sabbath.

What about the long forgotten 9th amendment ?

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

Or forget that ... what about the good old pursuit of happiness ? God knows my "pursuits" of happiness often times wrap back around to TNA.

EDIT: On a completly unrelated, and offtopic tip, I thought you'd like this V8 ...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/sol740/Shot.gif