Bye Bye Strip Clubs

BIG SHAFE

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many girls made it thru college from a strip club :D

Try Sallie Mae.... it is easier to explain the student loan payment to your kids, than it is explaining to your daughter why mom danced with a pole for four years. :)

Personally, I don't go to clubs in Ohio so no worries for me....never do that shit so close to home. Now when we travel....it stays on the road....and when I'm out with a bunch of work buddies, hell, we just get a huge executive suite at a nice hotel and bring the party indoors :p

I don't go to strip clubs very often but this is bullshit. Some of these super-religion freaks get all nancy about someone else going somewhere they don't approve of when some of their priests are going places on children that they shouldn't be.

Anyone remember Olympus? My friend's dad was on the team that got that shut down because it was lowering his houses' value.

I am not big on strip clubs. Never really did anything for me. Although this does tick me off. Like others have said. Its a matter of rights, and taking away rights. It really drives me nuts. All I see is rights being taken away all over. Really ticks me off. Anyone seen "Demolition Man", we are getting there. Stupid bastards. Yea all the more reason to get the the funk outta Ohio. Ok I stepping off my soap box now. Fuckers! Ok done.

Damn religious right, us regular right wingers are better.

I think it's completely ridiculous if this passes, and I believe it will be taken to the courts very quickly.

I just think everything is falling to shambles.

Our government is a joke.

First smoking ban now this shit.

No shit how can the government come into a private owned bar and say "no smoking here"? This ban is killing me. Taking money outta my pocket. That issue really erks me. Some 48 year old bitching about smoke in bars when they have not been in a bar in 15 years. WTF!?

I just think everything is falling to shambles.

Our government is a joke.

First smoking ban now this shit.

Sorry, The fucking smoking ban is fucking great! You have no right to make me, my wife, and infant daughter smoke your cigerette at a resturant. Hell at least you get a filter when you smoke it. The wqhole argument "then don't go out to eat" is bullshit, I have every right to go out to eat, I am not bothering you when I eat. :o

It has been awesome going out to eat now and not comming home smelling like "smoke". Best law ever!

Sorry, The fucking smoking ban is fucking great! You have no right to make me, my wife, and infant daughter smoke your cigerette at a resturant. Hell at least you get a filter when you smoke it. The wqhole argument "then don't go out to eat" is bullshit, I have every right to go out to eat, I am not bothering you when I eat. :o

It has been awesome going out to eat now and not comming home smelling like "smoke". Best law ever!

I love it too!!! I dont smell like an ashtray if I go to applebees. :)

There was a provision set in that the percentage of food sales and the percentage of Alcohol sales would be accounted for in deciding if it was a 'smoke free environment' but alas, this idea was shot down aswell. This made the most sense but in the end the legislative groups and all their money and signed petition's won out. BS. I completely agree with you. When I have kids I want to be able to go into a place like applebee's, sit down and have a nice dinner with my family without the smoke. But I think you would agree that a bar like Arlington Cafe' or Brother's isn't really a kid friendly atmosphere.

I have alot of friends that are bartender's or owner's and that whole legislative push sucked for them. It seem's now if you don't have a patio of some sort your losing ALOT of money.

As for the strip club legislation, Its been coming for the past few years or so. It was pushed back when one of the focus groups threatened to stand outside of some of the clubs and take picture's of the people who frequent these places, hinting he would folow certain lawmaker's and make if public knowledge that they are customers as well. Yeah that was a year and a half ago. IF this becomes law it will pretty much close down every strip club in Ohio. What irks me is that they claim they are doing it to stop violence and "illegal activity", I've seen more fight's in college pubs than i have a strip clubs. They wont solve ANYTHING, they will just turn it underground which will make it even worse.

Yea for a restaurant thats fine. I can understand that, but a bar and bar only.. not so much. In these cases it should be left up to the owner.

But shouldnt there be a way that the owner could have a smoking room, I design commercial buildings and it would not be hard to have a room that no smoke escapes and it would not be that expesive. I like not smelling like smoke, but I dont really like the fact there is not an option. Though the goverment has been telling bar owners what they can and cant do for sometime now. I just beleive that a place could call themselves a smoking bar, i also beleive that there would be a market for for smoke free bars. We need a smaller goverment, stop being lazy america, the goverment doesnt have to make rules for us to make things happen. Punch a soccer mom in the face!

But shouldnt there be a way that the owner could have a smoking room, I design commercial buildings and it would not be hard to have a room that no smoke escapes and it would not be that expesive. I like not smelling like smoke, but I dont really like the fact there is not an option. Though the goverment has been telling bar owners what they can and cant do for sometime now. I just beleive that a place could call themselves a smoking bar, i also beleive that there would be a market for for smoke free bars. We need a smaller goverment, stop being lazy america, the goverment doesnt have to make rules for us to make things happen. Punch a soccer mom in the face!

Well said, and your a Bengals fan to boot. Who Dey!

Its amazing how much this country is turning into the other countries that we are fighting not to be. What is it exactly that America is turning into? Does the government not see all of the restrictions that are being put in place? And do the stupid fuck proposing this and other restrictions realize what the hell they are doing to our country?

Its amazing how much this country is turning into the other countries that we are fighting not to be. What is it exactly that America is turning into? Does the government not see all of the restrictions that are being put in place? And do the stupid fuck proposing this and other restrictions realize what the hell they are doing to our country?

I hate Quran thumping fucks. :D

hmmmmmmmmm......

See i never frequent them but plenty of people do they just need to take their own petitions when you walk in the door you sign the petition. Im sure there will be enough people to fill the petition.

why dont the bible thumpers just stay in church and out of others business?? :)

hmmmmmmmmm......

why dont the bible thumpers just stay in church and out of others business?? :)

Because they suck balls.

I think it would be a broad generalization to say that it is the only the bible thumpers that would ike to see the clubs go away. I am sure that there are many people that would like them to go away so there is less chance there daughter will end up there.

No matter your religious background, or lack of, I doubt that any one could give a good argument with regards to the clubs being helpful to any community. The clubs are mainly located in less desirable areas because most people will not stand for the drop in property value they will sustain if a new club opens next door to them.

I have a great idea...those of you that think we should have the strip clubs remain the same, go out and start getting signatures of Ohio residents to introduce a measure on the ballot to protect the clubs. I can see it now...

" Excuse me! We are with the strip club association. We are gathering signatures to help protect the strippers rights to take there clothes off for your husband. Can we count on your support?"

BTW... it was the bible thumpers that wrote the constitution that allows the states the right to regulate such activity.