Computer question

Bgbdbn

I am wanting to install a second hard drive in my computer. Is there anything special i have to do other than plug it in? Will the computer recognize it has another hard drive and thats it? I have heard of software that automaticly backs up everything you save, any advice on which one to get.

Thanks

Not really anything special you have to do after formatting the drive. If you want to RAID, your board has to support it natively, though there is backup software available. I think the resource it takes up isn't worth it when you can easily just copy and paste the stuff you actually want to save, and avoid backing up unessesary program/driver/dll/ect files. and takingup space you could use for something else. Striping sucks anyway.

Depending on your current hardware setup you may need to change the jumper on the hard drive in relation to the channel you put the drive on. If you have 1 hard drive in there now . . . and it's the master hard drive, you need to setup the new hard drive as a slave or cable select. Other than that, it's all plug n play.