Need help with finding TDC

Guest thekingofcrunk17

Guest thekingofcrunk17
Well if it broke he's taking the head of b/c the 1.6 in a CRX is an interference motor. Not to mention if he tried to crank it over with the timing off, which it sounds like he has tried.

well it didnt break but i replaced the water pump and belt cuse it was about 2 break and i moved the crank on accident so now im trying to time it again thats what happened... and i guess i moved it alot cuse i think its 180 off...

Guest thekingofcrunk17
Well if it broke he's taking the head of b/c the 1.6 in a CRX is an interference motor. Not to mention if he tried to crank it over with the timing off, which it sounds like he has tried.

now why do i have to take the head off???

Guest thekingofcrunk17
Yea, you guys were right, i wish i knew it was a interference motor before, my valves are bent to hell, lol. Well thanks for the help guys, looks like i got alot more work to do.

Guest foxstang89

I would defenatly put it back together the best way you know with the suggestions

that everyone has so greatly put out here and do a compression check to make sure your not wasting your time with a bad engine or head.

Yea, you guys were right, i wish i knew it was a interference motor before, my valves are bent to hell, lol. Well thanks for the help guys, looks like i got alot more work to do.

You're welcome.