Someone needs to buy this and finish it! "91 toyota mr2 turbo shell, yellow, w/ body

Guest 00Smurf

Guest 00Smurf

This needs to be bought and finished! V6 swap FTW.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/pts/323751916.html

"91 toyota mr2 turbo shell, yellow, w/ body kit

Reply to: sale-323751916@craigslist.org

Date: 2007-05-03, 4:00PM EDT

Hello,

I selling off the shell I now have. The car is a 91, 145000ish miles. Overall, body is in great shape, only area of rust is on the fenders, but I will include two shaved fenders with the shell. The shell will have MOST of the interior, NO rear suspension, no motor, and no steering wheel. The front suspension is still intact, which consist of kyb struts and trd springs. The rear suspension is still avalable, the same setup, just not bolted in. There is no rear x-member, wheel hubs, brakes, or axles. The rear end is completly empty. The interior is all pretty much still there. There is NO rearwall carpet, its been fat-mat'd. The center storage box is not there. THere is also no steering wheel, and no plastic where a pillar pod would be. Seats are still in the car, origonal factory leather (not TOO bad), shifting mechanism intact minus the shifter cables. No radio, T-tops and t-top shades are still on the car. Power windows. Fog lights are still on the car. The trunk is already cut for a trunk mount intercooler, and so is the firewall. This was a lot of work. There is NO factory ecm or ignition. The car can still be rolled or towed, but the buyer WILL need to bring his/her own front wheels, as the wheels in the pics are NOT going with the car. This is a great shell for a new 3s power plant (I have one forsale as well) or a v6. Comes with a complete invader body kit and 2 10in subs that fit behind the seats. Asking only $1500.. I am located in canal fulton, ohio, just west of canton. Serious inquires please call. 330 612 9189. I will answer any and all questions. This stuff HAS to go, as im leaving the state in 3 weeks.

pictures =====>> http://profile.imageshack.us/user/mpa4712

mark

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 323751916"

i am not sure if i have ever seen a car like this actually finish a swap they started in real life

A buddy, Devin, in Gahanna has a first gen MR2 with a 1MZFE Toyota V6 with nitrous he built himself. He recently pulled the motor to forge the internals and throw on a TRD supercharger.

A buddy, Devin, in Gahanna has a first gen MR2 with a 1MZFE Toyota V6 with nitrous he built himself. He recently pulled the motor to forge the internals and throw on a TRD supercharger.

i believe you its just that i have heard from so many people how they were going to swap whatever motor into an mr2/fiero and i really don't think i have seen a swapped one of those in real life

Guest 00Smurf

Nicholas wrote:

Other than the shell. What all else do you have for sale? You mentioned an engine in your ad? What are the specs on it? Do you have any pics of how it sits currently?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this message was remailed to you via: sale-323751916@craigslist.org

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do have a motor for sale. Currently it is out of the mr2. It doesn't have a fuel rail or injectors, though. It does not come with a starter. The motor made 370hp, with a turbo kit that Im also selling. the turbo is as follows:

-garrett GT2876R turbo charge

-all stainless steel braided lines and Earl's Fittings

-KO oil pan oil return fitting

-2nd gen 3sgte manifold

-Tial 38mm wastegate (10psi spring)

dump tube for wastegate

-3in. downpipe with O2 sensor, and an open WB port (wideband for sale as well upon request)

downpipe support bracket

-4in intake pipe with k&n filter, drilled out for egr tube.

The motor will also NOT have an exhaust manifold, unless you buy my turbo kit, which is fs as well. The starter that was used on the motor is also NOT included (I can't verify that the starter works). The oil level sensor has been blocked off, and the oil return fitting is not inlcuded (unless you buy my turbo kit)

please see these links for pictures:

http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=242940

http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=243533

The motor no longer has the clutch or flywheel.

Im asking 400 for the motor and 1300 for the turbo kit.

Mark A.

Guest Mekkahfire

o hi thrd.

Yes, a lot of people finsh those swaps. Feeling torque curve like that of the 5 series V6 in a little car like the SW20 MR2 is an amazing feeling.

I might know someone who will buy this, thanks for the info.