The Lazy K blog about ASK

Smokey

Warning - may not be suitable for your work. There are not any unsafe images, but the text content definately is explicit. Use at your own risk.

OK, I just wanted to share for those of you who haven't already read this masterpiece.

http://lazyk.blogspot.com

THE BEST!!! It's about ASK powersports in Grove City and written by a few of their employees about the in store antics and everyday life. Completely funny to me because I know it's true.

I highly recommend you take plenty of time out of your day and go back to the beginning and read the entire thing...you will NOT be disappointed. ENJOY.

LOL yeah that shit is fuckin hilarious. ive been reading it for about six months now.

if that shit is true, how the fuck do they stay in business?

Warning - may not be suitable for your work. There are not any unsafe images, but the text content definately is explicit. Use at your own risk.

OK, I just wanted to share for those of you who haven't already read this masterpiece.

http://lazyk.blogspot.com

THE BEST!!! It's about ASK powersports in Grove City and written by a few of their employees about the in store antics and everyday life. Completely funny to me because I know it's true.

I highly recommend you take plenty of time out of your day and go back to the beginning and read the entire thing...you will NOT be disappointed. ENJOY.

unfortunately they stay in business because there are a lot of uninformed customers out there...as they'd say "there's a sucker born every minute"

I find that most people will buy one bike from ask (usually their first bike purchase) and then wise up and never return. The blog is hilarious though and reaffirms many stories I've heard over the years.

here's a nice one...titled Liar Liar from 4/9/07

Paco worked a sucker over a long time before he got the guy to pay $8000 for a Yamaha TTR 230, which lists for $3099. Lots and lots of Freight, and even more Prep. With all the Freight this guy paid, he could have bought a ride on the space shuttle. He got sent to the moon.

Paco was contento, and the customer was happy to be getting the best TTR230 ever made, or at least the most expensive. Then an angry service customer came up to the front counter and demanded to talk to the CSB.

The CSB had left right after lunch because she has dog training at 8:00 at night and forgot her dog training clothes.

So Star decided that the best place for the angry guy to vent was right next to Paco's desk, so Paco, his Mark, and the wife and child of the mark could hear that the guy's bike was in our service department for 5 months, the parts were supposed to be here, and they still aren't, and he'd been told they would be next week for the past five months. He used the term Liar several times in reference to pretty much everyone he'd dealt with back in Service.

Star finally got a word in edgewise, and ignoring what the customer had said about all the lies he'd been told for the last five months, told the guy that if they told him the same thing last Tuesday, it was because they didn't know the part his bike needed was on backorder, and that they just found out the part was on backorder, and that's why they were now telling him the part was on backorder.

And it will probably take another 5 months to get the part.

The inmates at the Lazy K are required to work the annual Quad show, even though it is out of our market area and doesn't generate any business for our particular store. So we have developed an interesting way of expressing our displeasure at losing a weekend to this stupidity. We tell the customers things we find amusing and then watch as they go to the other power sports dealers for third party verification of what we told them.

"You use the winch to raise the quad up into a tree, and then you sit on the front bumper and shoot deer," Friar Tuck .

"The new camouflage attracts deer. They run to it," Friar Tuck.

"The new Can-Am comes with optional glide wings so you can float over sand dunes," Mondo.

"There is a pontoon kit available so you can use it as a boat," Friar Tuck.

"We stopped carrying Polaris since they moved their plant to Communist China," Mondo

"It's next to the plant where Harley builds the sportsters." Friar Tuck

"I hear the electronics on the Polaris are from North Korea." Mondo.

"Next to the Harley plant," Friar Tuck

This so enraged one attendee, wearing a Harley Davidson teeshirt of course, that he started screaming, "Harleys aren't made in North Korea, All they make in North Korea is plutonium. They don't make Harleys in North Korea, I'm a Vet and I know they don't make no Harleys in North Korea!"

"Not the entire bike," Mondo.

"Arctic Cat is going out of business, that's why we don't carry them," Friar Tuck.

"I hear they catch on fire," Mondo.

"Because the electronics are from North Korea," Friar Tuck.

"Suzuki's going to put the Hayabusa motor in a quad," Ol Wigger.

"I wouldn't put my four year old on a 50. You need at least a 125. But don't tell them it's for the kid when you buy it," Mondo.

"Riding two up is no problem, just don't get caught," Ol Wigger.

And whenever someone asks how fast it goes, "Terminal velocity is about 160 mph."

"People say a lot of things about our service department," Mondo.

"When do you think you will be making a buying decision and what features and benefits best suit your needs?" Paco.

There's one in every crowd.

one of my personal favorites entitled Darkness Descends

If you ever read Red Rider or any of the other manufacturer magazines, you will usually find a letter from some poor soul who was on a trip when his bike broke down. He called the local dealership and they worked past closing time to save his trip.

Here's the LazyK version of that story:

A guy called the LazyK at abut 2 pm., got transferred to the service department and spoke to whatever new technician answered the phone. He was on the road, on a Valkyrie, and needed some work done. He had no tail or brake light. And we are the nearest Honda dealer.

"Come on in and we'll get you right back on the road," the new technician said.

Mondo saw the traveler pull up, and realized right away he was on a road trip. Mondo and Friar Tuck wandered out to see what was going on.

The traveler explained his dilemma.

"And they told you to bring it in?" asked Mondo, amazed.

Now Mondo rides long distances and likes to help fellow travelers, and Friar Tuck hates the LazyK and likes to put it down whenever possible, so both of them told the traveler that he was making a big mistake letting the LazyK work on his bike, and that he would be better off taking it to Competent Honda, fifteen miles up the road. Mondo offered to get the number for the traveler,

"You might want to get it out of here while it still runs," said Friar Tuck.

But the traveler told them no, that the technician said the LazyK could fix his bike.

At about 5 PM, the technicians finally got around to changing the bulb, but this didn't fix the problem. Their next step was taking the fuel tank, side panels, seat and rear fender off the bike, in order to fix the taillight. Then they pulled out the service manual and started messing with the electrical system. Meanwhile, Baby Hitler was yelling at the technician for taking the bike in. Baby Hitler did not want to stay late for some goddamn out of state bike. The traveler overheard this.

For some reason, they were able to get the taillight working, the bike back together and the traveler back on the road by 7:30.

As Mondo left the dealership at 7:51, he passed the traveler, riding slowly back to the LazyK in total darkness save for his left rear blinker.

The following morning, the Traveler was still there, and his Valkyrie was back apart. He hung around for a while, talking to the salespeople, looking at parts, listening to Baby Hitler scream at the new technician about his fucking Valkyrie and then wandered off in search of food.

At 5 Pm, the traveler told the service department to put his bike back together and had it towed to Competent Honda.