Jegs on 11th Ave.

Mojoe

I bought the Inovate stand alone wide band last fall for the RX 7. At the end of last season I started getting a bad reading. Not even an error. And it would flash sometimes, like there was a short in it. This unit is pretty much plug and play, so trouble shooting should be pretty easy. I checked it for what I know to look for, but wasn't sure and IPS check for me too. Nothing was adding up. Finally today, the guy who did most of my electronics and my install went over everything. Still no issue that had a solution.

I happen to be close the Jegs on 11th Ave, and thought I would pick their brain about it. I was getting frustrated because the unit cost $429 and I was knew I was going to have to spend more money on something that was pretty much new (1000 miles or so use).

I talked to Larry. He flat out told me he didn't know the product to be able to help me. I liked that he didn't bullshit me or try to sell me something else. I told him it was pretty new and that it just is not giving a reading. He said "we can swap it out". I thought that there was no way this was an option. So, I was like "sure". I had all the tools in the car I needed and my install was pretty hard to take it out from. An hour later, I hand a mess of wires on the counter and get EVERYTHING in the box. That is fucking outstanding.

I have bought many things in the last year from Jegs and always been taken care of. The service and genuine interest in getting my car right that I saw today, will keep me going back.

Huge thanks to Larry for dealing with me.

The 7 is at the tuners now. Fingers crossed no issues come up.

that is funny that you got larry bc i know larry. the man is crazy smart and big time on ford. he redid the comp in my dad f250 after he rebuilt the engine. but the man has some nasty cars himself and is an awesome guy. very straight forward doesnt try to screw you over. i have had problems with lots of other guys there getting me wrong parts and stuff but larry has never done me wrong. so for everyone that goes to jegs on 11th try to search out larry.

He came out and looked over the car and talk to me for a bit while I was tearing things out in the parking lot. He just had a real interest and was very cool about it. I had been frustrated with this issue for weeks. He was no hassle, let's get you taken car of, and I was on my way.

Guest Removed

I've had problems in the past (at 11th), at not so much with the east and west stores.

but they tend too weed thru the bad seeds. Always get good service in the end.

After "I" made the mistake on the axle part numbers for the AI Mustang and installed them, we found there was something real wrong with why the calipers wouldn't fit.

Took them back (box already trashed weeks ago) and exchanged them for the right axles. No questions, no problem when it was my mistake.

Really never have had a problem with 11th Ave or Main street stores.

Ron

Guest Removed
i've always had to give them part numbers to get the right stuff, there are only a few there that know anything about cars.

then dont go in with a bunch of fitting numbers and shit. they always seem too pull the wrong ones even with a list. :mad:

Guest Removed
DDDRRRR!!! most of the fittings are out on the floor, besides if you don't look at the parts you take home with you...Whos fault is that! Give the guys a break, half the time when you guys bring in lists we can hardly read them and are wrong anyways!

i do that anyway.they only keep so many 8,10, and 12 an fitting out front.

LIAR! Stop in and I promise we damn near have everything mustang related in stock. There's a reason we have a mustang only section ;)

scott can you get me a set of russel or whatever brand braided brake lines for a 1993 mustang cobra the 5 line kit for rear discs?

I was in there with a friend few days ago asked for them he could not find them .

Thanks, Andy

They should be the same as the mk2300 rear disc conversion kit for mustang 5.0s or whatever,

I am also looking for the E-brake cables that work on a mustang 5.0 with a thunderbird turbo coupe rear end, someone said jegs has them..

Thanks

PM me your #, I'm @ work friday and saturday. We should be able to hook ya up ;)

I think this thread is funny because:

I sent Joe there for the unit in question,

sent him back there for the potential replacement part,

am the "tuner" mentioned in the thread,

have bought thousands of dollars of parts from Larry,

have shopped at the 11th Ave. store since 1978 when building out my first V8,

stop in at least once a month (3 times this month) for "stuff,"

my wife mentions the words "addiction," "cars," "Jegs," and "poker," when she gets mad at me,

my name for going to the strip club is "going to Jegs" while going to Jegs is "going to Jugz."

+9

I think this thread is funny because:

I sent Joe there for the unit in question,

sent him back there for the potential replacement part,

am the "tuner" mentioned in the thread,

have bought thousands of dollars of parts from Larry,

have shopped at the 11th Ave. store since 1978 when building out my first V8,

stop in at least once a month (3 times this month) for "stuff,"

my wife mentions the words "addiction," "cars," "Jegs," and "poker," when she gets mad at me,

my name for going to the strip club is "going to Jegs" while going to Jegs is "going to Jugz."

+9

Larry's a pimp, not to mention is the Ford guru round the store. Anything Blue Oval I don't remember, he gets me annoying him. Really wish we'd get MORE into the turbo area. Kinda putting our foot in the door on that one, so I'm hoping it takes off. It's only going to be a growing market, that's for sure.

Guest Removed

Are you guys planning on carrying Kaase's new P-51 heads for the BBF's?

and scott , i stopped up there last week too buy stuff from you.

and your bitch ass went home early.

Are you guys planning on carrying Kaase's new P-51 heads for the BBF's?

and scott , i stopped up there last week too buy stuff from you.

and your bitch ass went home early.

What day you come in? I think wednesday was the only day I got off "early". I'll be at the west store next week from teusday to wednesday, but I'll be there for a good month. Stop on by. Oh the Kaase heads are supposedly not being produced anymore. They had some nice flow #'s that's for sure, and cheap on the $$$.