Need someone to install speakers

Mojoe

I have 4 Polk 6.5" that I want to put in my 99' Subaru Legacy. I know it can't be that hard. I don't like popping door panels, because I break them. The rear speakers need the rear seats to come out, I think. Over all, it's huge pain in my ass and I've been sitting on these for months and want them in the car asap. I have pizza, beer, pop, and some $. Let me know what interests you.

I will be helping (as long as I'm not int the way). I have all the tools and a garage.

PM offers please.

I have 4 Polk 6.5" that I want to put in my 99' Subaru Legacy. I know it can't be that hard. I don't like popping door panels, because I break them. The rear speakers need the rear seats to come out, I think. Over all, it's huge pain in my ass and I've been sitting on these for months and want them in the car asap. I have pizza, beer, pop, and some $. Let me know what interests you.

I will be helping (as long as I'm not int the way). I have all the tools and a garage.

PM offers please.

You would have to try hard to break the doors. Just make sure the that you get all the screws out. The back seat will either be 2 bolts holding it in or it will just pull upwards to release. Are you sure the rears take 6.5" 's? Most cars will use 6.5" up front then 5.25"

Size is right, according to what we looked up at Circuit City and best buy. I just don't want to pay $130 for them to do it. I'd rather pay, and help/learn from someone here to see what I need to do.

I don't have the mind that assembles and disassembles. I analyze. It holds me back a bit with my car interest. But, I am trying to learn what I don't know. This has cost me $ and made me re-think my normal thought process. Electronics kick my ass, and even I know that putting the speakers in are very easy. It's getting to them, that I don't want to break anything. I did try. I knew my limit and that I needed someone else to be involved.

You will break the clips, just go to subaru and ask for a new set of clips for each door card. That way it goes back together as it was new and nothing should rattle. If you reuse the same clips you may not be happy. The clips should be cheap.

I'll pick up the clips today, if they have them in.

I'm looking to do this asap. One evening this week. I could do a morning too if needed. I can squeeze something in this weekend if it all works out as well.

I'll pick up the clips today, if they have them in.

:lol: I will be surprised if they have them, they never have anything I need. Except oil filters, they have a mountain of those. Hell they never have the things THEY break on my car.

If you can't find anyone else, let me know. I could use the money. :( I've done alot of installs and I have plenty of extra install equipment if you're missing anything I need. Each car is a bit different, but there all pretty much the same. I just finished an install in the gf's Cougar this last Thursday. I had to remove the rear panels, rear seats, sidesills, carpet and run cable. Not a rattle there. :D Do find the clips if you can. There is a tool for removing them properly, but I can't seem to find mine.

joe if you dont get it done this week i have sat nights and sun monday off i can do what you are asking and i wont charge anything its not hard and im a good teacher let me or jenn know if you want me to do it

Thanks guys.

Eric, I think I will take you up on that. I thought this week would offer me more time. It seems I am slammed till the weekend now. So, this weekend should work out. I'm call you or catch Jenn on line. Thanks