crash on sunday on 161 @ sunbury

cptn janks

did anyone see this? there was a little blurb on the news about it too (ch 6)

i drove by and they had the exit closed, and there was a bike lying in the ditch :(

apparently he was coming westbound on 161, went to exit on sunbury rd, and was going too fast and missed that turn there. on a side note, that turn IS pretty vicious... the limit is 45 there, and even in a car, 45 is too fast for it.

they said on the news he wasnt wearing a helmet (i knew that cuz it was a harley lol) and that he was in critical condition...

I saw this too, the turn is not that bad if you know it is coming. If you don't you are fucked. It's his own fault for not wearing a helmet. We may be a no helmet state, but I feel it is just retarded to not wear one. I'm sure his family is pissed he didn't wear one now. I have compassion and think it is unfortunate, but you have to help yourself first........

I would rather not look cool and walk away, then look tough when I meet my death.

This needed to be stated again for sure.

My son askes why we wear one all the time when we are even just riding our bikes together....you know. the why, why why daddy why stage.....

I in turn ask him if he remembers our melon stunt from last year....once after he first got his helmet when I dropped a melon from my shoulders to the concrete below.

"I understand", he says....nuff said really.

I feel it is just retarded to not wear one. I'm sure his family is pissed he didn't wear one now. I have compassion and think it is unfortunate, but you have to help yourself first........

I would rather not look cool and walk away, then look tough when I meet my death.

my fiancee went through the exit shortly after he wrecked and she said that by the actions of the other people that she thought he was dead, but she couldn't actually see him. I guess I'm glad to see he's alive, but it does suck to see.

There was a car that rolled over a couple weeks ago at that exit as well. If you don't know it's coming you'll definately be caught off guard. Even thought it's not very nice, I hung a tailgater out to dry on that turn.

I did feel a bit bad about it, but I get a little perturbed when I try to go 50 through that construction and people ride my ass for going too slow. It was just after dusk so visability was down and the person rode my ass all the way to the exit. I just kept it about 45 and never touched the brakes, and just pitched it through the turn. I could see them dump the brakes and put their left 2 wheels in the dirt in my mirror....pretty funny to me.

I did feel a bit bad about it, but I get a little perturbed when I try to go 50 through that construction and people ride my ass for going too slow. It was just after dusk so visability was down and the person rode my ass all the way to the exit. I just kept it about 45 and never touched the brakes, and just pitched it through the turn. I could see them dump the brakes and put their left 2 wheels in the dirt in my mirror....pretty funny to me.

you were on the 636?

nope...the M3...TCK coilovers FTW!

I'd be hesitant about whipping through there on the 636 since there seems to frequently be dirt strewn across the road and you can't get much of a view beforehand.

I did feel a bit bad about it, but I get a little perturbed when I try to go 50 through that construction and people ride my ass for going too slow.

that pisses me off to no end as well. i just try to let them go around and hope that blendon township's finest are waiting up the road to nab them :)