Gauging Interest: The 89 4x4 RamCharger BEAST

Slimpsy1647545505

4WD works? No rust anywhere? (It looks really clean)

4WD tested and pulls hard, with no problems in both 4hi and 4lo. . . . their is a slight spot of surface rust on the lower part of the passenger door but I had a body shop look at it and they said it's only surface and would be another 10 years before it would even be anything critical. Other than that, it's 100%.

The small area of surface rust is not really noticeable. . . if you'd like I can take some pictures tomorrow for you.

I'm seriously torn. Just sold Cleetus. I know I could probably get $4k out of the Ramcharger here in FL if the A/C gets repaired. It's not R-134 though, right?

Bought Cleetus 3 (1982 Chevy C20 diesel) and it had warm A/C. Took it to a very good A/C shop here in Naples...$950 later I had a full R-134 conversion (compressor and everything). Cost out the ass, but it's been warm here and that truck is now so comfortable it's my DD.

If the Ramcharger is NOT R-134, I'm figuring a similar cost to convert it properly. BTW, my '82 only has 34k original miles on it so it's not that everything is worn out, all the seals dried up and the freon leaked out. If the A/C hasn't been ran in the past 5 years, the Ramcharger may be suffering the same fate as my truck...

This prob could have been PM. I'll talk to the wife.

I'm seriously torn. Just sold Cleetus. I know I could probably get $4k out of the Ramcharger here in FL if the A/C gets repaired. It's not R-134 though, right?

Bought Cleetus 3 (1982 Chevy C20 diesel) and it had warm A/C. Took it to a very good A/C shop here in Naples...$950 later I had a full R-134 conversion (compressor and everything). Cost out the ass, but it's been warm here and that truck is now so comfortable it's my DD.

If the Ramcharger is NOT R-134, I'm figuring a similar cost to convert it properly. BTW, my '82 only has 34k original miles on it so it's not that everything is worn out, all the seals dried up and the freon leaked out. If the A/C hasn't been ran in the past 5 years, the Ramcharger may be suffering the same fate as my truck...

This prob could have been PM. I'll talk to the wife.

That should have been mentioned, it does have the r-134 conversion already done to it. . . one can recharge it themselves. . . I haven't really looked extensively into it, but the mechanic and the person whom I got it from said it's not an expensive fix.