Help stop the rising gas prices...

Guest HotPants

Guest HotPants
I just got word not to get gas on the 15th. Thats a Tuesday if you were wondering. If a lot of people don't get gas on the 15th then the prices are suppose to drop. I say give it a try and see what happens!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would gas prices go down when a company loses money? They would just go up to gain back their loses.

Supposably they idea behind it is that if no one buys gas, oil stockpiles will become out of hand and the 'flow' of petrol will be too much for the oil companies to control. I don't understand the idea behind it but I stoped trying to when I realized it would never work.

Guest thekingofcrunk17
Well i still want to see what happens, I'm sure it wont effect anything at all considering gas companies make so much money already.

God i hate people that are like "OMG TRY THIS"

Take a fucking economics class

If you really want to make an impact, how about you don't drive at all on the 15th and ride your bike everywhere. If you got 10 million people to do this maybe once a week every week, THAT would make an impact. Demand is always going to be the same unless we cut down on actual consumption, not just when you purchase the gas you are going to consume

Well i still want to see what happens, I'm sure it wont effect anything at all considering gas companies make so much money already.

IT'S NOT GOING TO DO A FUCKING THING BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE STILL GOING TO CONSUME THE SAME AMOUNT OF GAS!!!

gas companies are not going to care what people do for 1 day, they know that americans live and die by the automobile, so until we find another way of transportation, the gas companies will always have us by our balls!

the only way something of this nature could actually happen is if everyone boycotts a specific company.

Say we all stop buying exxon mobil throughout the entire country. We just keep going to other places for a period of time. Now that would be interesting to see what happens to prices then.

All you are doing is shifting demand, not changing it in anyway. It's appalling that so many people in this country actually think it will make a difference. The companies know you have to buy gas eventually, whether they get their profit on the 15th or a few days later makes no difference to them.

I just got word not to get gas on the 15th. Thats a Tuesday if you were wondering. If a lot of people don't get gas on the 15th then the prices are suppose to drop. I say give it a try and see what happens!

http://bbhhs96.dyndns.org/~czakelj/images/modsmack29.jpg

The only way this would AT ALL affect gas prices, is to give me the money you're planning on using for fuel this month. I will be sure to consent the proper funding foundations on this matter. I accept paypal or cash to a PO box.

I don't buy gas until I need it, and thats usually every 2 weeks. If I don't get gas in the 15th it is not bcause of this, its because I did not need it. This won't change much of anything the gas companies are going to charge what they want because they know we are going to buy it no matter what. Until we change our dependecy on oil, or figure out an alternative fuel, the oil companies have us by the balls.