5.0 mustang timing question??

No, there will be a scale it will read 10-0-10-20 on the balancer, you might have to clean/sand the balancer to see it. You want the pointer (metal peice bolted to the timing cover) to be on the 10 thats on the 20 side of the 0. If you swing by the shop sometime I can set it for you and show you how.

Guest Removed
the tab is just the pointer, you may have too clean off the balancer too see the numbers. i like the take white out too the numbers to make them stand out.and dont forgte too pull the timing connector.

Cool man that would be great, where in delaware are you? i thought it was the groove on the balancer, and I could not see any numbers or anyhting on the balancer anywhere i thought they were on the timing tab

Our new shop is in hilliard on 3492 millikin crt.

Guest Removed

the balancer....for the third time.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/mustang/100_0218.jpg

see the marks on the balancer in the pic...yours is the same way. ;)

the balancer....for the third time.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/mustang/100_0218.jpg

see the marks on the balancer in the pic...yours is the same way. ;)

My bad, man the balancer I am working with is miserably dirty I dug out my old stock on from my car and used a wire brush and carb cleaner and found what i was looking for, not so much the groove but 180 degree on the other side of the balancer was a faint 0 marking

Thanks

No, there will be a scale it will read 10-0-10-20 on the balancer, you might have to clean/sand the balancer to see it. You want the pointer (metal peice bolted to the timing cover) to be on the 10 thats on the 20 side of the 0. If you swing by the shop sometime I can set it for you and show you how.

oh we know how to set it. we were just disagreeing with each others ways of doing it. it will prolly get done on tue.