832/796.

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mekkahfire
Honestly, I don't feel all that comfortable disclosing that information on a semi-public forum. No offense to you, though.

Yeah thats understandable. Let me rephrase it then.

How much would it cost someone who were to buy a Vette (non-Z06) to get to your horsepower level, or create a setup similiar to yours?

How is your TT setup coming along?

It's not. PTK can't seem to get me any parts. :mad:

As it stands, I won't be TT'd this season, at the rate they're going. I've got everything else sitting here waiting to go on, but, I'm still missing the turbo kit.

I figure by the time they get my kit to me (will probably be close to the end of the year), I'll have enough in the budget for a forged big cube motor.

So, I'm calling them next week to upgrade to bigger turbos. I'm thinking somewhere between twin 66's and twin 70's. http://smiliesftw.com/x/wackit.gif

I still need to call some folks to get some recommendations on which combo would be best. http://smiliesftw.com/x/hsughcool.gif

Edit* - Almost forgot. Awesome job, Tilley. I really am glad to see your project doing so well. It's been a long time coming. :burn:

Yeah thats understandable. Let me rephrase it then.

How much would it cost someone who were to buy a Vette (non-Z06) to get to your horsepower level, or create a setup similiar to yours?

I'd think around $20k-25k if you do all the work yourself...

315bfg dr's>305 kuhmo budget road race tires(no offense Tilley)

None taken. The Kumhos were far from my choice of tires, but, at the time they were put on, a lot of other tires weren't in stock and the understanding was that the car needed rubber on the rears ASAP. So, they were more like an interim tire at best.

I'd think around $20k-25k if you do all the work yourself...

That sounds about right...

Wow. Very nice. I haven't replied to this yet, I have been figuring out a way to help you. Since I weigh 270lbs. and you have all that power, I'm willing to ride with you. I bet you will hook up alot better with me in the car. Then again, we might just go in circles, to the right.

Seriously, very nice.

Guest Mekkahfire
Why don't they need you over at Columbus Street Racing again?

Your sarcasm meter needs repaired, or your flame solenoid needs some pressure released.