SBC guys...

SPLN SUX

What do you all think about the Dart Little M blocks? Dart has a reputation for some tough bottom ends, but i just recently heard of the Little M and was curious if there was anything special about it that I should know... I was thinking about picking one up and getting back into SBC's.

Guest Removed

little m little cubes...

depends on deck hieght.

either way if a rod comes out, it will break. but your not going too break it do too to much power!

Well they advertise to safely go out to 4.165.. so even with a 3.750 crank thats what... a 408, 409? Im sure you could wedge a 3.800 crank in there if you really wanted to too, thats a 414, 415... not that small in my book lol. Dont get me wrong, id die to put together a SB 440+ cube motor, but i havent touched one in a decade... i wanna start simple... maybe a 383 even... just to get back into it.

But whats a SBC block weigh... 185lbs? The Dart blocks are only 205-210... not that much more. Shit ill go on a diet to make up the difference lol

should be able too go 427-454 . cant remember.

It really just depends on how much machining you can do to give a big stroke crank the clearance it needs... my math is a bit rusty but my TI86 say that @ 4.165... assuming you could get a 4.250 crank in there... youre looking at 463 cubes... but for a 427 youre going to use a 4.000 crank... and in a 454 a 4.000+... soooo.... guess it comes down to mains? :confused:

im planning on running a little m block for my turbo setup. check on turbo mustangs they talk about that block a lot. and about it being better than a mowtown as well. So far ive seen 1800 hp twins with a little m. so thats good enough for me.

mine will be in a s10. and with the little m arround 1200 hp. with my stock block ill prob turn it down to 8-900 max. it has splayed caps, hps valley girdles.. and im proably going to get the cat main girdle if it will clear my oil pan.

Sounds like it will be fast.

I actually meant the question to go the the OP. I knew about your truck. Nice times btw.

All I see him(SPLN SUX) having is a volvo... so that is why I was asking.

Im thinking more along the lines of bulding the engine first, then figureing out what to put it in... but as of now im thinking about an old Volvo 740... they make SBC mount kits for it and how sweet would that be :D

As the saying goes... Volvo, For Life.