Going to look at a Sky Redline this week!

Minty Fresh

I honestly think it's one of the best looking cars GM has produced in decades.

You already own the best looking car GM has come out with in the last decade lol

I'm 6'3 and could not fit comfortably in that car

Nice looking car though.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my dad use to work at saturn north and i realy hated saturns but once he came home with the Ion Redline i began to love the car and the company. the base model is ok but the redline version is the way to go so definently dont back out of the redline. you will love the car and it will handle amazingly for you. oh yea get the extended warranty too. my dads car had some problem with the suspension and his 2 front tires where way lower then the back, they ended up giving him 4 brand new $200 tires

I thought about buying one :)

They look amazing, turbocharged, 2 seater yum.

But then again, im into turbocharged 2-seaters :>

Hands down, best thing about 2-seaters is that friends don't make you haul them around everywhere. Unless you only have one friend, then you've probably got more things to worry about. :cool:

the thing that makes me mad is they switched from the SC to the TC just because turbos are well known more. i guess its easier to mod though.

Ummm...no.

The turbocharger was chosen for a variety of reasons and was co-developed around the world with Saab in Sweden and somewhere in France or Italy (can't remember exactly which division it was). The 2.0L Turbo in the GXP/Redline is a completely different engine than the 2.0L S/C in the Cobalt SS/Ion Redline. About the only thing they have in common is the block casting. A S/C from the Cobalt/Ion would not work in the Sky/Solsitce because the throttle body would be through the firewall (or righ against it).

I like them both, but I like the Sky much better. I honestly think it's one of the best looking cars GM has produced in decades.

m3 = expensive to repair

sky = elise platform if i remeber right.

fixed

You're both wrong.

The Opel Speedster was built off the old Elise platform. The Solstice/Sky/Opel GT/Daewoo whatever are off GM's "Kappa" platform. It's an all new construction that most resembles the Corvette when you peel the skin away.

TripleThreat - Not sure about that one. The Ecotec seems to resemble Saab's more than anything IMO. I'm pretty sure it wasn't designed by Lotus, but I can't say that with any authority.

You're both wrong.

The Opel Speedster was built off the old Elise platform. The Solstice/Sky/Opel GT/Daewoo whatever are off GM's "Kappa" platform. It's an all new construction that most resembles the Corvette when you peel the skin away.

TripleThreat - Not sure about that one. The Ecotec seems to resemble Saab's more than anything IMO. I'm pretty sure it wasn't designed by Lotus, but I can't say that with any authority.

first used in opel. Rotarted would know but he wont be on here till after the golf tourniment.

heres what wiki has to say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Family_1_engine

I think I like the Soltice's styling better... plus I'd rather have it say "Pontiac" than "Saturn," but hey, I'm not hatin'. I'm sure it's a fun car. After having a 3.0 Z4 for a weekend though, I think I'd try to find one of those over the American iron. My bias is never having owned an American car in my life though :p

I thought the speedster and the opel gt were the same thing...

Nope. The current Opel GT is the Saturn Sky Redline. The Opel Speedster was built by Lotus.

Speedster

http://autoimage.autoweb.cz/opel/Opel_Speedster_Turbo_2003_008.jpg

i also work at saturn, the southeast one and the redlines a pretty nice cars. i drove a couple of them and the do get up and go. I like the sky's better than the solstice becuase of the edges. The solstice just seems a lot more rounded. just my $0.02

i also work at saturn, the southeast one and the redlines a pretty nice cars. i drove a couple of them and the do get up and go. I like the sky's better than the solstice becuase of the edges. The solstice just seems a lot more rounded. just my $0.02

+1 It seems more aggressive to me.