Um anyone else notice every cop this morning is out writing tickets?

SpaceGhost

I travel from little turtle to downtown, so I am on 161, 270 and 670. I saw Blendon on 161, 3 Highway patrol on 270 from 161 to 670. When I got on 670 There was another cop sitting under the bridge of Leonard Ave. All the while I had to follow a Highway patrol cruiser from the 161 and 270 on ramp until he got off on 71 north from 670 downtown. Sheesh 6 cops this morning and I normally see 0 or maybe 1. Better not be ridin' dirty. They are looking for you and want your money.

new law in affect this week that they don't need a reason to pull you over to write a seat belt violation. And this week is crack down week. So.....wear your seat belt kids, they are licking there chops at this one.

ben, what time do you go to work in the morning?

I travel the same beginning route as you in the morning (161 at Hamilton to 270 to 670 to cassidy), and I didn't see any. I'm sure it's possible that I could have just been completely not paying attention, but with that many around I thought I would have seen some of them.

BTW I leave my house at 7:30

yeah....I'm way to lazy for that, but it must be nice not sitting in stop and go traffic on 161 :mad:

supposedly that project is going to be finished in 7 months or so *crosses fingers*

yeah....I'm way to lazy for that, but it must be nice not sitting in stop and go traffic on 161 :mad:

supposedly that project is going to be finished in 7 months or so *crosses fingers*

Yes I go through there in a couple of minutes. It is VERY NICE! :D I used to go through there when you do. I know what you mean.

7 months would be great, they have a bunch of stuff to do. I am wondering when the tunnel is going to open.

I'd be careful going home as I went home for lunch and saw 1 blendon cop and a statie on the way back. I never speed through that construction on 161 anyway so it wasn't a big deal.

BTW does anyone know what's up with the state cars that have the blue writing on the side and say "traffic control" or something similar on the side of them? I've seen them for about 6 months now, here and there. I first saw them on 23 up by Marion, then I started noticing them here.

I've only seen them with tandem axle or bigger trucks pulled over, which perpetuates the story that I've heard that they're a subdivision of the highway patrol that just oversees truck commerce.

Now taking bids on how many "omg I got a ticket!" threads are going to pop up over the next few days.

or "please help, how do i get out of this ticket" threads.

I drive sawmill - cleveland ave every morning around 8.30-9, and see MAYBE 1 cop. On 270 they like to hide on the bridge overpasses, behind the wall. Never drive in the far left lane.

Guest drumer919
I actually did see one today on the way to work on the first turn around south of stringtown rd on 71, he was clocking the northbound traffic.

Yes I go through there in a couple of minutes. It is VERY NICE! :D I used to go through there when you do. I know what you mean.

7 months would be great, they have a bunch of stuff to do. I am wondering when the tunnel is going to open.

Some idiot will fly through there in the first 6 months of it opening and just destroy their car.

^^I'm just going with the more popular notion that once finished, no one in columbus will be able to actually get through there, and everything will come to a complete stop daily because somone took a wrong turn and then stopped in the middle of the road with their turn signal on.