Atheist Billboards To Debut During Holidays

Casper

Then dont send christians, send all faiths, not just what you think is right.

They want to go. They love people in other countries enough to share the gospel (good news) and care for oppressed people groups. If they incounter people that don't like what they have to say, their intention is not to force anyone to hear them. People in that region of the world do want to hear the gospel. Many ordinary civilians are just not allowed this influence, b/c some nations don't like American ways.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, right there you have your problem. Humans are not to partake from the TREE of KNOWLEDGE. Why?

Because knowledge makes religion irrelevant. Yes/No?

No.

The reason being that when the two humans ate fruit off the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil their eyes were opened to become like God. They saw good from evil.

(remember that evil exsisted prior to humans. Lucifer (Satan) had been cast out of heaven for having a lust to be ruler over everything like God)

Due to humans ability to see things as God saw, they had to be cast out of the garden before they were able to eat from the Tree of Life and remain in their sinful state forever. "Tree of Life".... ( to eat of this tree was to live forever. One day this tree will be planted again and its fruit will be for the healing of the nations. Rev. 22:2)

They were in sin b/c they directly disobeyed their creator. Same like a son disobeys his father, and the father disciplines him for doing so.

Gen 3:23 ..therefore the Lord God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken.

Put in simple terms, real knowledge makes you see what God sees. You and I aren't God. We are only his creation, created for him and by him. We cannot be Him, but we can be like Him, b/c we are created in His image.

Put in simple terms, real knowledge makes you see what God sees. You and I aren't God. We are only his creation, created for him and by him. We cannot be Him, but we can be like Him, b/c we are created in His image.

If we aren't God, yet are given the same knowledge of right vs. wrong, what makes us different?

And you bring up another topic that I have issue with. Come how everything is in 'human' form. Why are WE God's image? Why do we humanize Him? In essence, the Bible, as you quote it - is saying that God is an immortal perfect HUMAN. I contend that the 'God as human' is a tool used BY humans to brainwash the masses per their agenda.

What is the root purpose of religion for our physiological wellbeing?

If we aren't God, yet are given the same knowledge of right vs. wrong, what makes us different?

And you bring up another topic that I have issue with. Come how everything is in 'human' form. Why are WE God's image? Why do we humanize Him? In essence, the Bible, as you quote it - is saying that God is an immortal perfect HUMAN. I contend that the 'God as human' is a tool used BY humans to brainwash the masses per their agenda.

What is the root purpose of religion for our physiological wellbeing?

I didn't say God was a human. I said God made US in His image. He being the creator gave us some of the tangible characteristics. We have eyes to see. We have ears to hear. We have a mouth to speak. We are living and breathing. The Bible says that Adam and Eve walked with God in the garden of Eden. These may be a few examples to help you understand that we are not humanizing God by saying that we are made in His image. No one has the mind of God. Nor the abilities.

The difference between humans and God is that He is the "I am". It is the knowledge, the existance. He created. Man came from dust and God breathed the breath of life into man. Without the breath of life we are nothing but dust.

See how creator is above creation? God made Adam to be over all the animals of the garden. See how man is ruler over beast? An animal cannot equate itself with a human. A human cannot equate himself with the creator. Does that make sence?

The atheists can put up whatever they want, the Knights of Columbus has an international campaign to combat it.... we put up billboards for KEEP CHRIST in CHRISTMAS...... You'll see my personal councils billboard in bexley, oh......

Why combat something that your god will judge for you? If it is as you say than its not your place to judge and that is fro your god to do. Why combat it they have every right to believe whatever they want, whether you or your knights like it or not.

What if the person is kind in nature, but faithless?

Why is that just as bad as being faithful, but with an unethical moral compass?

Or, which one is worse, and why?

Just because the apple doesn't fall from the Christian tree doesn't make it a bad apple. In fact, I thought we weren't supposed to eat any apples off the Christian tree? :p

I'll take this one - Kind or not, its as simple as this - Saved people will go to heaven and the unsaved will not.

As for your hypothetical question - you can't be a faithful Christian and be an evil or an unethical moral character. In the Gospels to Pharisees were like the latter - religious on the outside, unethical on the inside, and Jesus would constantly call them out. If you read the gospels - when people are converted,saved, transformed or changed by Jesus the always leave very differently - Zaccheus - tax collector turned philanthropist, prostitutes turning into women of character and virtue, don't take my word for it, read them yourself.

Edited by magifesq