Atheist Billboards To Debut During Holidays

Casper

No, people have been put to death for teaching about Jesus. Why does the gospel pose such a threat to the nations of Islam? I don't know that Roman Catholics fighting w/ Protestants, or random acts like Timothy McVeigh's can be tied together with anything I said. If America stands for anything of good cause anymore then this target America wears on it's back is for a reason. Religious freedom is a solid foundation of America. Our country has opened it's floodgate to many persecuted people groups. I have my opinions on the deterioration of morality. What's the standard anymore? We uphold little truth, b/c we are political, and it's not fair to offend someone's religion. That's crap. Everything is a double standard and it's getting to be sloppy.

You're dancing in circles. People have killed in the name of the Christian God/Jesus. That's not the same as "people have been put to death for teaching about Jesus." You're playing word games to keep your world happy.

You said in the initial post about the Mumbai killings,

In who's name do people do such things?

Then when questioned you state,

Yeah, your right. I'll keep my mouth shut and let it be. It's not in the name of Jesus. That's my main point. Why is Jesus hated and Muslim killers, ..."ahhh they are just terrorists".

You seem to be insinuating that Christians wouldn't do such a thing and that Muslims (or Hindus) would. That's complete BS. That is exactly where 'Roman Catholics fighting w/ Protestants, or "random acts" like Timothy McVeigh's' fit in.

The "gospel" isn't why 9/11 happened. The "gospel" isn't why the attacks in Mumbai happened. If you think that is why America is being attacked you are either self centered or delusional. Let me sum it up simply for you...a large number of people don't want us over there in the Middle East/SW Asia. We have been involved neck deep over there for a long time and it's not surprising to see some back lash.

I have my own opinions on the deterioration of morality in this country and I'm willing to bet they differ quite a bit from yours. I will say that while we may have freedom of religion in this country you do not have the right to not be offended. Unfortunately too many like to turn their being offended into someone else's hate.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even the least bit offended by anyone who's opinion is different from mine. I don't hate you either. I try my best to be somewhat respectful. I don't feel that I have danced around on my beliefs though. anyway...

Happy Thanksgiving

Edited by Mandova

/resurrect

Not only do people KILL in the name of Jesus, they wreck other peoples' cars - at 100mph!!

Via Jalopnik, but sourced here: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/traffic/God_said_she__needed_to_be_taken_off_the_road.html

Watch the video: http://jalopnik.com/5101888/man-rams-womans-car-at-100-mph-claims-god-told-him-to-do-it

God_crash.jpg

You see that ^^^^^^^^ Yup, Jesus did it.

A speeding pickup rear-ended a woman's sedan on the South Side on Friday morning and sheriff's officials say the driver said it was Jesus' will because the other motorist was not “driving like a Christian.”

The bizarre incident that shut down southbound U.S. 281 above the Medina River happened about 7:25 a.m.

“He just said God said she wasn't driving right, and she needed to be taken off the road,” said Lt. Kyle Coleman of the Bexar County Sheriff's Office.

The driver of the pickup was identified in a Sheriff's Office news release as Michael E. Schwab, 52, of Blooming Grove.

Schwab told first responders at the scene that “the other vehicle was not driving like a Christian and it was Jesus' will for him to punish the car,” according to the release.

The 35-year-old woman was driving her sedan north when the pickup struck her vehicle. Schwab told deputies he was driving faster than 100 mph at the time, Coleman said.

The impact caused both vehicles to spin across a median before they came to a stop along a barrier in the southbound lanes. No other vehicles were involved.

Though both vehicles were badly damaged, the drivers suffered minor injuries. “God must have been with them, 'cause any other time, the severity of this crash, it would have been a fatal,” Coleman said.

The woman was taken to a hospital as a precaution. Schwab was later charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, motor vehicle. His bond was set at $50,000, according to the news release.

The pickup driver did not specify for authorities how the woman was driving poorly. Investigators determined the female driver “had done nothing wrong,” according to the release.

Edited by JRMMiii

/resurrect

Not only do people KILL in the name of Jesus, they wreck other peoples' cars - at 100mph!!

Via Jalopnik, but sourced here: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/traffic/God_said_she__needed_to_be_taken_off_the_road.html

Watch the video: http://jalopnik.com/5101888/man-rams-womans-car-at-100-mph-claims-god-told-him-to-do-it

God_crash.jpg

You see that ^^^^^^^^ Yup, Jesus did it.

A speeding pickup rear-ended a woman's sedan on the South Side on Friday morning and sheriff's officials say the driver said it was Jesus' will because the other motorist was not “driving like a Christian.”

The bizarre incident that shut down southbound U.S. 281 above the Medina River happened about 7:25 a.m.

“He just said God said she wasn't driving right, and she needed to be taken off the road,” said Lt. Kyle Coleman of the Bexar County Sheriff's Office.

The driver of the pickup was identified in a Sheriff's Office news release as Michael E. Schwab, 52, of Blooming Grove.

Schwab told first responders at the scene that “the other vehicle was not driving like a Christian and it was Jesus' will for him to punish the car,” according to the release.

The 35-year-old woman was driving her sedan north when the pickup struck her vehicle. Schwab told deputies he was driving faster than 100 mph at the time, Coleman said.

The impact caused both vehicles to spin across a median before they came to a stop along a barrier in the southbound lanes. No other vehicles were involved.

Though both vehicles were badly damaged, the drivers suffered minor injuries. “God must have been with them, 'cause any other time, the severity of this crash, it would have been a fatal,” Coleman said.

The woman was taken to a hospital as a precaution. Schwab was later charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, motor vehicle. His bond was set at $50,000, according to the news release.

The pickup driver did not specify for authorities how the woman was driving poorly. Investigators determined the female driver “had done nothing wrong,” according to the release.

My response to this:

Bye bye drivers license, lock him up, and he needs mental intervention. Obviously he is not thinking clearly. I have a little background into mental issues. People w/ mental problems tend to hear voices and associate them to good and evil. Children and adults can often even feel a presence of good and evil. I really wish that people would use common sence, but sometimes they are born without it.

Why isn't he thinking clearly? Thats the most demonstrative, concrete, steadfast belief in God that I've seen in recent news.

Problem I have here is that it contradicts everything that God/Jesus teach according to Bible. Seems that this man is making his own set of standards. Not God.

If the Christian god does really exist, who is to say he did not really hear him? Maybe he misunderstood what "god" was saying, but even the other Christians automatically call him crazy. You say that your god is real, yet call someone crazy for claiming to hear from him? Im confused.

If the Christian god does really exist, who is to say he did not really hear him? Maybe he misunderstood what "god" was saying, but even the other Christians automatically call him crazy. You say that your god is real, yet call someone crazy for claiming to hear from him? Im confused.

why do you make this so complicated?

God doesn't say to kill innocent people, b/c of how they are driving. We aren't the judge. Have you ever heard of the God given rights?

why do you make this so complicated?

God doesn't say to kill innocent people, b/c of how they are driving. We aren't the judge. Have you ever heard of the God given rights?

Im not questioning what "god" said, just that he said something to the man, you and pratt both said he was crazy, yet you believe that this god of yours exists. Why do you have so much trouble in believing that he spoke to the man, maybe god said "set that woman on the right path my son" and he took that crap the wrong way?