Twin Turbo GTO Dyno

500HP RX-7

We just finished up a customers car. 481 RWHP 503 Torque @ 7 lbs boost

2004 GTO - APS twin turbo kit, stock block, Borla exhaust /w Cats, walbro pump, 60# injectors. Car is a sleeper.

Tuned by Don and Rob Lasota

Some pictures can be seen here : http://www.aptuning.net/category_s/122.htm

http://www.aptuning.net/photos/Project11pic-2.jpg

What is the boost limit on the stock block? Seems like he'd make some huge gains if it got more into the efficiency range of the turbos. Nice numbers though.

Guest Ponyfreak
Geez my brothers 283 CID Lincoln made that much power with an S trim @ 8psi through a 4R70W... Those are kinda pathetic numbers for a 364CID turbo car.

Geez my brothers 283 CID Lincoln made that much power with an S trim @ 8psi through a 4R70W... Those are kinda pathetic numbers for a 364CID turbo car.

The car was tuned for California 91 octane. It would have made well over 500rwhp on 94 octane. And its a LS1 car not a LS2.

Jason: Congrats on the new dyno! I was curious if I have a tuner already.. do you guys let other tuners use your dyno if I was to pay for dyno time? Hope Im not offending anyone. Just would be really close instead of me going all the way to GA again :-)

Jason: Congrats on the new dyno! I was curious if I have a tuner already.. do you guys let other tuners use your dyno if I was to pay for dyno time? Hope Im not offending anyone. Just would be really close instead of me going all the way to GA again :-)

That's not a problem. Just give me a call if you want to setup a time.

Thanks

Jason

Sounds great Jason. Catalogna and I are waiting on the clutch to come in on Tuesday or Wednesday and we should be ready to roll by the weekend hopefully. I will give you a call later today or tomarrow to discuss pricing. Thank you very much for the quick reply!

For comparison two other APS GTOs in Ohio dynoed (Dynojet) the following about 2 months ago.

566.8 rwhp 541.6rwtq (Stock 2005 LS2)

581 rwhp 582 rwtq (Stock 2006 LS2)

I would have thought that the LS1 you did would have had a higher rwhp considering my NA LS1 has 440.

So far these cars have only run 12.4s and 12.7s at the track and one has destroyed a brand new and expensive Textralias clutch. (The inner disc welded to the flywheel). A third APS also has turned in a best 12.4.

...lots of power not so easy to tame.

What is the boost limit on the stock block? Seems like he'd make some huge gains if it got more into the efficiency range of the turbos. Nice numbers though.

That's a good question. +1.

Nice job on the car....really nice. The owner should be required to be a member here for sure. :D I also took a mental picture of that car so should I see him on the road, I'll remember the punch it packs :eek:

Guest Ponyfreak

y2K2GT might be right. I don't know what size valve is in those heads but with a 1.6" valve that would make ~18psi of effective spring pressure on the back of that valve. That would be why the car is so far down on power.

BTW you are smoking crack if you think you will gain 50rwhp going from 91 octane to 93. At low manifold pressures (up to 12 or so)you might be able to run another degree of timing making another 7-8rwhp at most.