fucking drunk drivers!!!!

undr_psi

To me it sounds like she came from behind you, which would have been your fault for the accident anyhow. You're not technically supposed to get out of the car from the roadside door. Not something many people know.

She was drunk, and his car was parked. Explain again why it's not her fault? Please show me the law where it's illegal to get out of the roadside door.

I can see him not looking, getting out of his car, opens his door in front of a car and her taking it off. This is not that case. He was getting in the car, she would've hit him, that's fucked up.

To me it sounds like she came from behind you, which would have been your fault for the accident anyhow. You're not technically supposed to get out of the car from the roadside door. Not something many people know.

Do please explain how it would be possible to exit ANY car from the drivers seat then, since it is also illegal to park with your car facing traffic? Go ahead and prove me wrong by clambering over your console and passenger seat for the rest of your life so that you can exit from the curb side.

Do please explain how it would be possible to exit ANY car from the drivers seat then, since it is also illegal to park with your car facing traffic? Go ahead and prove me wrong by clambering over your console and passenger seat for the rest of your life so that you can exit from the curb side.

Go ask your local police department or local officer. You've obviously never had to deal with this situation.

The Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Regulations state that “A person must not cause a hazard to any person or vehicle by opening a door of a vehicle, leaving a door of a vehicle open, or getting off or out of a vehicle.”

In an accident arising out of a situation such as this, the person leaving the door open would be liable if they caused the hazard through their actions.

Go ask your local police department or local officer. You've obviously never had to deal with this situation.

Now please, show me the law where it's okay to drink, drive and crash into a car, but you are not responsible for the damage because someone was getting into the vehicle you struck.

Seriously, are you now going to say it wasn't her fault she was drinking in the first place? That it was the bars/friends/alcohol establishments fault for supplying her the booze? Or hell maybe it wasn't her fault for driving at all, maybe its the car dealerships fault for selling her a car in the first place.

I mean give this girl a Silver fucking platter why don't you.

Now please, show me the law where it's okay to drink, drive and crash into a car, but you are not responsible for the damage because someone was getting into the vehicle you struck.

Seriously, are you now going to say it wasn't her fault she was drinking in the first place? That it was the bars/friends/alcohol establishments fault for supplying her the booze? Or hell maybe it wasn't her fault for driving at all, maybe its the car dealerships fault for selling her a car in the first place.

A fucking men

The bitch was drunk. Her fault, he didn't cause the accident. Most sober people wouldn't take off a door for the hell of it.

LOL...that's hilarious.

All he says is..."You may not realize..."

Then you guys bust on him and demand he show proof, he posts the law and now that your arguement is blown up you pull this weak shit out? LOL

It sucks that the OP's car got hit, not only his car, but several others by his account. I also don't doubt the fact that had a sober person been driving the odds of this happening would've been EXTREMELY remote, but when it comes down to the nuts and bolts of the situation, the OPs door did cause a hazard.

Hope you can fix your car for cheap man. Hit the junkyards and craigslist.

edit: Also, so there's no question...I'm not condoning this girl's action either. Driving drunk is not a joke and should not be tolerated.

I still dont understand the point of his post though. The chick would have hit his car no matter what side of the car he was getting into.

He was mad she hit his car. Who cares if he broke a law that I would hazard a guess that 99.9% of us break every day by getting in the car on the drivers side.

I still dont understand the point of his post though. The chick would have hit his car no matter what side of the car he was getting into.

We don't exactly know that. Just rereading the OP, it sounds like the only damage to his car was the door and left front fender, which I'm assuming is from the door being bent forward. You could be right. The only person that could tell us, would be the OP.

He was mad she hit his car. Who cares if he broke a law that I would hazard a guess that 99.9% of us break every day by getting in the car on the drivers side.

And rightfully so. Any of us would be mad. But how many of us actually knew that before the law was posted? I know I didn't and I'd have to agree with you that probably everyone here didn't know that either.