My car at the track with twin 60mm turbos

y2k2gt

I installed the turbos and drove my car to the track. I had on my regular street tires that are not drag radials.I was shifting before 6000rpm and coasting from the 1/8 on. I haven't got the car retuned yet is the reason for shifting early and running only the 1/8. I did have it full of 110 octane. I was leaving with the foot brake. This was with 16psi. I can't wait to get it tuned and shift at 7000rpm. The new turbos with the .63 a/r exhaust housings take a little longer to spool up as you can hear it in the video. I was using my street tires and the 60's were 2.0's. My 60's with racing tires are in 1.60's. The last video you can hear the bov a couple times. That is when it started to spin and I had to peddled it. Ken at MDmotorsports will be tuning the car on the 9th.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/y2k2gt/th_100_0150.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/y2k2gt/th_100_0146.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/y2k2gt/th_100_0143.jpg

Nice one Eddie! I was going to talk to ya last night but the phone wouldn't quit ringing! Let me know how the tune goes! Car is looking like its hauling ass!!

It really feels alot stronger now. This was the first time at the track this year. It felt really good to be at the track again. It still goes fast even with the lambo doors.

Guest thekingofcrunk17
I don't know much about fords, but I would want a older 5.0L mustang, mainly for the cheaper price and I would believe they are lighter. You think that would work out?

I have bfg drag radials in stock now, call me!

232-8881

m-f 930-6pm

Thanks, but I already have a set of 15x3.5 and 15x10 weld draglites with 325/50 bfg drag radials mounted. I just saw no point in running them untill I get the car tuned so I can leave off the trans brake with 10psi.

Nice job Eddie! I saw you go flying around the corner by my house to head up Walnut Creek Pike. I figured you were heading to the track. Also heard you lay into it a little ways up the road and it made me smile a lil bit. lol. Car sounds great.

I think when you saw me I was trying to get away from a ashville cop. I was driving down main street and got on it a little bit and then saw the cop. He was kinda running to his car after he saw me, so I cut through the side streets to get away.