mp3 player

TheHaze

I've searched on here but I'm still a little up for opinions on this. I'm looking for an mp3 player with these specs:

-atleast 20-30 gigs

-connectivity to my car (either by fm reciever or direct-connect)

-play wma, mp3 and video if possible

-good battery life/ un-faulty batteries

-I'd prefer something other than an iPod but I would still consider it.

Anyone try the Zune out? Anyone have an iRiver here?

be VERY careful with the Zune. They have a really bad problem where the screen spontaneously will crack with very little pressure and MICROSOFT REFUSES TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE DESIGN FLAW AND WILL NOT REPLACE YOUR ZUNE, EVEN IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED EXTENDED WARRANTIES. If you can, return it right away. If you can't just be careful dude.

i was going to recommend an Ipod, simply b/c there SO popular that there's extra shit you can buy everywhere for them it seem's. Let me know how the Zune works out for you, im looking at buying something bigger for road trips.

Also, how are you going to hook it up to your stock car stereo? do you have an aux input on it already? or FM transmitter. I was looking at something for my car but dont want an aftermarket head just to get an aux input.

I've had my 30gb for going on 3 years or so now, never skipped a beat and definitely worth the dough. I also wanted to connect it to my stock headunit in my car and found a solution online for about $100, it also charges it an allows me to change teh song/artist via my steering wheel controls, so I never have to use my ipod. It's called and Audiolink and I bought it about 2 years ago, its fucking dope. They are specially made for each car depending on the plugs available on the back, mine goes into my satellite radio plug thing, its like a square prong thingie, not sure, but I have mine going into my glovebox, its sweet.

I've had my 30gb for going on 3 years or so now, never skipped a beat and definitely worth the dough. I also wanted to connect it to my stock headunit in my car and found a solution online for about $100, it also charges it an allows me to change teh song/artist via my steering wheel controls, so I never have to use my ipod. It's called and Audiolink and I bought it about 2 years ago, its fucking dope. They are specially made for each car depending on the plugs available on the back, mine goes into my satellite radio plug thing, its like a square prong thingie, not sure, but I have mine going into my glovebox, its sweet.

Link? Ive been pricing some stuff out for my jetta but its mostly FM transmitter's and I've heard they kinda suck b/c of reception problem's. I have steering wheel controls with my stock head unit too thats why i dont want to replace it. My jetta's an 05 so it will have somewhat 'modern' outputs in the back, im almost sure it will have one for satellite radio.

Here's the place I bought mine from, you could try contacting them and see if they have anything for your car.

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=142

But when I had a vdub I just bought the connector that plugged into the changer output on the stock radio and the other end was a headphone jack, it didn't charge the ipod but it was a direct connect.

you're right about the fm transmitters, they blow, majorly.

I'm loving the Zune thus far. Very simple layout with the Zune itself and the software on my pc is very easy to use. A lot of options that are pretty cool, too. I'm using a fm transmitter right now but I'm exploring some other products because the transmitter crackles over the station a lot while playing. Does anyone here use a transmitter and have this problem? Maybe just keep searching stations for a clearer signal?

FM Transmitters only suck because they are fighting with other things. For example, back before I had my new head unit with the AUX in and was using an FM transmitter, people with Sirius radios were overpowering my music with Howard Stern.

well i just sent out my june for service a not long ago. ive had the unit less then 6 months and the hdd went out inside. clicks really nasty you can hear it in the other room. other then that i love the thing!

If anyone works at Circuit City of Best Buy: do the newer Miatas have anything available yet to direct connect? I know there's a aux input you can buy for the Zune but I don't think my Miata has a port for it.