Forza 2

Dr. Apex

I know we have te thread about the car list, but I thought I would start this to talk about what you hate/love about the game.

Pros: It's beautiful!! Great graphics, nice simple menus. Great soundtrack. Replay telemetry is astonishing. Auction house could be interesting. It's meant to work with the steering wheel and does so perfectly!! Lots of track variations and a couple new tracks. Wheel selection is great and the wheels are 3d now! You can choose tire brands!!

Cons: No game soundtrack in during racing. Same damn cars as last game pretty much. Same mod system and mods as last game, where is the next gen stuff like an LS1 in an FC RX7?? Not enough new tracks, I played half these courses last time and all they are now is prettier now.

Gran Turismo killer?? No. But a great game.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree about the same "mod system". In the sense that the tuning index is much deeper this time around. With the telemetry read outs that are available, the new tire physics, and the updated car physics engine....as far as sims go, Forza 2 pretty much blows everything out of the water (excpet maybe GT2). How deep you can get with a tune is incredible. It definitely, from a simulation stand point, puts Gran Turismo to shame imo.

I'm personally not bugged by not having music during the racing....I'm a car nut, I wanna hear engine sounds, screaching tires, and bent fenders....not a techno track blasting over my speakers.

The only "major" things I can knock on it about....are the graphics, they're just not quite up to par, and the jaggies are terrible. And it could have used some more tracks.

I've got 4 hours in today, with both the wheel and regular controller and personally, I like the controller better. The feet pedals slide away from you and just aren't comfortable to use the way our couch sits. If you were thinking of dropping the $120 on the wheel, don't. Game play is super addicting, Im always like, "just one more race"

I started off with a second gen eagle talon...all wheel turbo, it makes up for my bad driving:)

Updated pics of my Solstice...it's coming along nicely! :cool:

Pontiac Solstice

----

Class: A-764

Power: 325 BHP

Power RPM: 6,500

Torque: 304 lb-ft

Torque RPM: 4,800

Redline RPM: 6,800

Weight: 2,253 lbs

Engine: 4 cyl

Drive: RWD

Aspiration: Turbo

Pressure: 14.4 psi

Tires F/R: 265/30R20

0-60: 4.813 s

0-100: 10.476 s

Top Speed: 156.8 MPH

60-0: 105.7 ft

100-0: 281.9 ft

Lateral G's 60 MPH: 1.08

Lateral G's 120 MPH: 1.06

http://picsorban.com/upload/fm2_s1.jpg

http://picsorban.com/upload/fm2_s2.jpg

http://picsorban.com/upload/fm2_s3.jpg

http://picsorban.com/upload/fm2_s4.jpg

http://picsorban.com/upload/fm2_s5.jpg

As for music. I HATE INGAME MUSIC it almost always sucks or gets so played out.

Plug you ipod in. OR stream it from you PC. push the xbox button on your controller and you can play what ever music you want.

Great game. Almost done all the entry circuits and amateur

I have a crap ton of cars. I bought the Solstice to do the north american class thing because it was cheap. Well I didn't know you could swap the LS7 into it. Very cool little car, but expensive to mod.

The music part I enjoy, not loud, just some faint background music that I keep well under the cars sounds. Especially with such a good soundtrack why not let me have the option to listen to it while racing?? I guess they figured everyone would do their own soundtracks.

The damage modeling is good, you hit the RR corner and the panels bend up, bumper bends, corner lights bust out, rear suspension becomes misaligned.

Mitch: It sounds like your setting the wheel in your lap and pdeals on the floor?? If so you will not enjoy the wheel. We have ours setup on an old weight bench set and mounted an old office chair to sit in, it works great and makes the wheel more than worth the investment.

No look me up; we usually run a little later at night, we try to pick user cars that are competive with each other. I go by Big Rams on xbox live. We are trying to have reall specific restrictions on races ( like kinda how the career mode does). That and not racing with jack asses is always good.

Edit: Last night we did a 25 lap race for 35k with 4 racers.